1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Project of adding Front Camera

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Hortevin, Jan 1, 2014.

1. Hortevin

Hortevin Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi everyone,

I would like to add a Front multi view Alpine camera on my Prius 2013 (I have already Rear Camera). It has the head unit Toyota Touch and Go, and I believe that the hardware is the same that Toyota Entune.

I want to know if it exists a Video converter for Toyota Entune, so I can switch the screen of Head unit to view Front camera?

Help please!

Thank you

2. peterjmc

peterjmc Ping pong in Ding Dang...

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    There are a few companies have some solutions for your need. I've been looking (off and on) for some plug and play solutions for a front camera. Update this thread with your solution you choose!

BeatSonic USA
    Prestigious Society

3. peterjmc

peterjmc Ping pong in Ding Dang...

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Maybe you could put this in-line with the rear back-up camera and instead of connecting the reverse switch trigger wire to the the reverse switch, add your own switch to manually activate the front camera

Beat-Sonic BCUS3 Back-up Camera Interface for 2012-Present Scion + Toyota + Subaru Head Units

There is also this front camera interface solution, but I've never received any responses from BeatSonic on my email inquires on how to install it. I also posted in their forum once for information. I did see that someone with a Scion was able to install this. I'm sure someone with some automotive wiring knowledge could figure it out. Once cool thing about the CS1 is that you can set it up so that it automatically activates during low speed.

Beat-Sonic CS1 Front Camera Inteface

Hortevin likes this.