1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Project "pissed off prius" underway

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by Acidbass32, Feb 11, 2016.

1. 69shovlhed

69shovlhed Surly tree hugger

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    use a big Phillips screw driver to pry the subframe into position. stick it through the subframe into the bolt hole and move the subframe until you can start the other bolts. do not tighten any of the bolts until you have all of them most of the way in.

2. Acidbass32

Acidbass32 Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    The new sway bars are in, the sub frame was being a dick so it took forever. But it is done and totally worth it.

3. 69shovlhed

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    awesome. now go out and pass some clown in a german car that thinks he knows how to drive.

Data Daedalus and m.wynn like this.
  4. Acidbass32

Acidbass32 Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Already done 69shovlhed, Actually just got a very stern warning from a Texas state trooper about 15 minutes ago.

Data Daedalus likes this.
  5. 69shovlhed

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
  6. Acidbass32

Acidbass32 Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Yeah, was not a pleasant experience even though I got let off with only a warning. I was just pulling in a bucees to get gas and the next thing I know he's pulling up behind me at warp speed and yells at me to get back in the car. All the other people at the truck stop were rubber necking and it was definitely a sight to behold. All for going 15 over, some days you win and some days you lose I guess.

Data Daedalus and m.wynn like this.
  7. Starbrand

Starbrand Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    looks good man, keep it up!

Data Daedalus and Acidbass32 like this.
  8. Acidbass32

Acidbass32 Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    So a quick update, IMG_6184.JPG IMG_6183.JPG
    These beautiful works of at came in the other day and I can already tell they are going to improve the ride drastically. I have an appointment to borrow a buddy's lift on Monday (Spring break spent well), so I can install these rad coilovers. In the meantime, since I do not have any midterms this semester. I am vinyl wrapping the main components of the interior, I'm not sure how it will look yet but I guess we will see soon enough. I also wanted some suggestions as to where to set the coilover ride height. I was thinking 1" drop on the front and a 3/4" drop on the back, but due to where I live I'm also thinking a stock ride height may be the better option.

Agent J and Xterra72 like this.
  9. Acidbass32

Acidbass32 Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Guess what time it is? Yep, time for an update. I got the KSports installed with a 3/4" rake from front to back and set them at 18 being that it is my daily driver. Let's just say money well spent, I drove to Austin from Galveston and back to Galveston in a day, which was 8 hours total drive time at a constant 75mph average (I love Texas Speed limits) and it rode like a dream. I was going around curves at 75-80 mph without a single issue and it was just a smooth ride all around. Also I started the interior work, I know it seems a little "rice" but I enjoy the look of stickerbombed stuff so I vinyl wrapped the air vents and will start on the window switch housings at a later date. IMG_6235.JPG IMG_6236.JPG IMG_6238.JPG IMG_6239.JPG IMG_6241.JPG

Justdidit likes this.
  10. Justdidit

Justdidit LVNPZEV

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    Nice!! Now LOWER that DailyDriver!

11. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    IV
  12. Acidbass32

Acidbass32 Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I would lower it if I didn't live in pothole city and if I didn't have 3 rally races in May lol

Justdidit likes this.
  13. Acidbass32

Acidbass32 Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
  14. codycowgill

codycowgill Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I commend you on your enthusiasm but to each their own. ;)

Acidbass32 likes this.
  15. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    the great thing about the 04 & 05 was that it came stock with smoked tail lights .... like you see in my signature pic. You may find them at a salvage yard on the cheap!

16. Sfcyclist

Sfcyclist Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    Title reminds of what pushed me a little harder to get a 911S. On the first day I owned got it, I was simply trying to merge in and was in the 911... a Scion that didn't want to let me in.. needless to say, I passed him easily and didn't even cut him off to get into the lane.. yet he just had to give me the finger.. felt great passing up people like that!

Data Daedalus and Acidbass32 like this.
  17. illprius

illprius Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Love the sticker bomb on the interior adds some color to the kind of bland interior!

Acidbass32 likes this.
  18. Justdidit

Justdidit LVNPZEV

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    Technically the tops of the 2004 and 2005 USDM taillight brake reflectors were black but the rest of the housing were still chrome and clear.

[​IMG]

2006 - 2009 USDM were completely clear.

[​IMG]

I liked the idea of smoked taillights as well. Ended up vinyl wrapping the tops on my 2008 to match up with the back hatch tint line.

[​IMG]
    and wrapped the entire taillight as well as the brake light area on my 2007 as well.

IMG_9564.JPG

19. The Phoenix

The Phoenix Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    I just stumbled upon your post and was super impressed with everything you have done. I'm a pretty mechanically minded guy, I used to own my own blacksmith shop, but especially now I don't have the time and the tools to do things myself. I bought a 08 prius with a messed up bumper and I'm having a body shop put on the new one I bought. SO when I read about the horn mod, I was a little bummed because I'm not sure if I have the time and place to take the bumper of. I'm an old man compared to you and I can't be crawling under my car. So maybe you have hints about taking the bumper off, because I really would like my prius horn to sound more beefy

Acidbass32 likes this.
  20. Justdidit

Justdidit LVNPZEV

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    I have attached a PDF of what I can only presume are the Toyota instructions..for the Gen 2 Prius NHW20 bumper removal.

A 10mm socket or Philips screwdriver is about all you need to take the bolts out.
    1 screw on inner fender well for each wheel.

Prius_Fender.JPG

3 plastic push plugs and two Philips screws on the top of the bumper once you open the hood. Push plugs can be removed with a flat head screwdriver.

Prius_Bumper.JPG
    Several 10mm/Philips screws holding the bottom of the bumper to the bottom trim and splash guards.

If you have the car jacked up its easier to reach all the bottom screws and bolts but can be done without jacking it up...unless you car is lowered..then its practically impossible to do without putting the car on jackstands.

Attached Files:

#60 Justdidit, Mar 22, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2016