1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prolong battery recondition

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by keurys guzman, Mar 16, 2021.

1. keurys guzman

keurys guzman New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    guys i need your help... im new on the prius world and i recently purchase a 2005 154K mile at the action... and after few hours testing it the beautiful triangle of death came up.. i did some thest and cell #2 was low on voltage, i replaced it but now it was unbalance so i purchase the Prolong charger and discharger device.. after 3 days of process and after the final charge i let it sit for like 6 hrs before turn the car on and also ran the Dr. prius life expectancy test where it said my battery life is 111% lol im still have the stupid red triangle on my dash and it not giving me any code ober the OBD... can anyone give me any idea what could happen before i turn this in fire lol.... i will appreciate the feedback

2. SFO

SFO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Welcome to PriusChat!!

Not all OBD2 scanners are fully compatible with toyota hybrids. Many DIYers will use a 'mini-vci' cable (20 usd) and techstream (dealer technician software) installed on a windows device. Some might use a bluetooth adapter with a App like Dr Prius or Hybrid Assistant.

If going the bluetooth route, be sure to buy a quality device : Hybrid battery diagnostic and repair tool for Toyota and Lexus

Once you've recorded the stored OBD2 codes (DTCs), post them in this thread for additional guidance.
    Dr Prius isn't picking up the stored OBD2 codes (DTCs) in the computers (ECUs)?

Have tried clearing the codes, or disconnecting the 12v for a couple of minutes to see if the warning lights are displayed again?