Prolong Battery Systems featured in Parts & People Magazine

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by jeff652, Dec 2, 2016.

1. Raytheeagle

Raytheeagle Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    There is a "Discharging" LED, no Discharge complete one (at least on the unit I have which is what Jeff has just brought to market).

Was the fault LED illuminated? Or were there no LEDs on when you went back to the Discharger?

When the battery pack is at a higher voltage, the discharge rate was at around 1.5, but then would decrease as the pack voltage was less.

2. qdllc

qdllc Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    No. The Discharging light was flashing and the alarm was bleeping. According to the "new" manual, that means it's done discharging. As I pointed out, there are contradictory instruction manuals on the site.

3. RobH

RobH Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Those instruction manuals are for two different devices. The older, "Intelligent" one does not mention the 4-6 hour charge after reaching maximum charge. It appears to have a knob that selects discharge voltage. Obviously some other detail differences like when to press the reset button.

On the new discharger, you just plug it in and press the button for the discharge voltage. When it's done, lights are blinking and the voltage recovers to higher than the discharge voltage selected.

Raytheeagle likes this.
  4. qdllc

qdllc Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Perhaps, but you'd not realize that when clicking the link(s). That's why I was confused...I had the wrong instruction page.

5. Stefan Maharaj

Stefan Maharaj New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Aqua
    Model:
    N/A
    @jeff652 what happens if you leave the prolong charger charging a battery pack over night? Can any serious damages occur to the pack or to my car?

6. jeff652

jeff652 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Our consumer charger output is 350mA. As long as the OEM battery cooling fan is working properly this is not enough amperage to harm the battery during extended use. Bottom line it will not hurt anything. While shorter charging times are usually sufficient, after a maximum of 24 hours it's not going to help anything either, just waste electricity.

SFO likes this.
  7. Frank1234

Frank1234 Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    Good morning sorry I asking here but phone it’s not a option when nobody answer it, so I have a RMA for my discharge under warranty send it to you, you received the 24 of February 2021 today is 25 March 2021 and I haven’t hear nothing from you and when I call I never get someone to talk, good luck am not waiting for this to fix my battery because it’s already over a month and still going, so when I will get my discharge back? I try emailing also but didn’t get a reply.

8. Frank1234

Frank1234 Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    Can anyone tell me if this company still on business, they took my discharger over a month ago for warranty and I haven’t hear from them after, no good business practice over a month delivery to them, how can I get my money or discharger back when it’s not way to contact them!

9. Ed Beaty

Ed Beaty Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Go to THIS page on their website. There you will find: phone number, two (2) email addresses, and a message field you can enter and send to them.

10. Frank1234

Frank1234 Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    Thank you but the message option when I hit send it doesn’t work and say to try later and I did try later different days and still no sending, email support and not reply call and nobody answer, what it big mistake I did.

11. Frank1234

Frank1234 Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    Finally received a reply, I guess they feeling my heat but lies they say it’s not a month so here my proof and their reply....

No, it has not been over a month, we received the unit on 3/4/2021, and I did mention that the turnaround time is 2-3 weeks after we get the unit. Today will be the end of the third week. The unit was repaired and it was returned to the warehouse yesterday afternoon, the unit will be processed and sent back to you today.

Best regards,
    George R

Fedex tracking number: 783867082578 so why George said 3/4/2021, delivery by fedex doesn’t count as received by this company, what type of joke is this.

Attached Files:

12. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    who is this h.hernandez character?

13. Frank1234

Frank1234 Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    This is the character that signed for fedex delivery, I shipped fedex.

14. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    he probably has your discharger working on his battery

Frank1234 likes this.