1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prolong Charger /Discharge Review Part 1

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Totallylost, Mar 1, 2018.

1. Totallylost

Totallylost Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    AWESOME!!! :) (y)

This system works. It may be too soon, I don't know but, car has no red triangle, nor VSC or nothing at all (at 1st nothing literally because no lights on dashboard :( ....had to be reset by disconnecting the 12V battery and reconnecting, but that was a separate issue)..anyways...Customer service-Five stars *****(y). They responded to all my phone calls and emails. Prius chat-Five stars *****(y) - Prius chat is awesome. Thank you for everything, for all your help. I really appreciate it. Every 3 months I will be doing my "cycles" of charge/discharge to maintain and prolong the health of the battery. Any person who owns a Prius should invest in a Prolong charger/discharger system. I suggest to everyone to buy it but not only to fix a problem with "weak" cell modules, but buy it to maintain and prolong the health of the HV battery. That is my personal opinion.
    I will be putting together something to upload here (pics, etc) of the process of the cell module replacement, etc. I will also keep everyone posted as time goes by.
    Thank you so much

srellim234 and Raytheeagle like this.
  2. Raytheeagle

Raytheeagle Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Another data point:).

Thank you for sharing and please keep updating here as the data helps support your claims;).

Keep on posting(y).

srellim234 and Totallylost like this.
  3. Hamptgx

Hamptgx Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Question for everyone here, recently purchased 07 gen 2 w/66000 miles ($1K). It sat for almost 2 years and needed new aux battery. The main HV battery never goes below 6 blue bars for a few minutes and stays pretty much green 7 bars and occasionly full green (no rapid swings-stays pretty steady). I have prolong system on the way but I'm kind of scared to use it for fear I could make current performance on my 12 year old battery worse. I know, I'm probably being paranoid but I guess I'm trying to get the warm fuzzies that it won't degrade it in any way. Someone gimme a quick pat and tell me it's gonna be ok.....i promise not to lick yer hand.

4. Skibob

Skibob Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Your doing the right thing. You probably don’t need a full cycle 4 times a year but it will help get the weaker cells more aligned with the stronger ones

srellim234 and Raytheeagle like this.
  5. Raytheeagle

Raytheeagle Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    I’d start with a top end balance and see where that takes you.

No need to dive into the deep end if you don’t need to.