1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Proper way to wash Prius 5

Discussion in 'Gen 5 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by CoolPriusXLE, Jun 20, 2023.

1. Blackat

Blackat Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    Limited AWD-e
    Not the way to treat the paint. If you just want to keep the car for 2-3 yrs, then keep doing what you’re doing. Car maintenance isn’t for everyone but you can always tell which cars are neglected

2. ColoradoBoo

ColoradoBoo Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I usually wax my vehicles yearly with Nu Finish and was going to this year but found Mequiar's Hybrid Ceramic Wax in a spray bottle and researched it on YouTube. I applied it to our two Priis and very pleased with how shiny they are. It's warmer today so re-washing mine and, for maintenance, you just spray a little bit while the car is wet and dry with a microfiber cloth.

Here's a detailer testing it out...he liked it, too....

Meguiar's Hybrid Ceramic Wax : Spray & Rinse Protection! NEW !!! - YouTube

3. DecorahDave

DecorahDave Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    XLE
    Just got my second 2023 Prius. First one is Supersonic Red LE, second one is Wind Chill Pearl. Traded 2021 Silver for LE. Traded 2018 One for XLE. Promised wife would buy anything for a while. I have an exceptional car care wash and detail place here in Decorah, Iowa. The touchless car wash has 5 levels. I was using the $12 one with 2 coats of wax (11 coupons for $100) on the trade-ins. Now I moved up the one that has a last coat of ceramic wax. $18 (7 coupons for $100). Steve will also do a complete ceramic coating for $750 - guaranteed for 5 years with touch-up each year for $100. Since I've only had the LE since 6/3/23 and XLE since 10/10/23, I don't have much history to share. I have not opted for the full ceramic coating but they can do it later for same price by cleaning the car thoroughly. The "touchless" car wash id the most fantastic operation I've ever seen. I'll probably leave out some steps if I try to decscibe. I'll find the makers name and post again. I lucked out to find the LE available in Rochester MN. Really happy with the new platform, but it is dam# hard to get in at 83 years old. Absolutely love the way it drives and new dashboard layout. Unfortunately, a big buck deer got his antlers in the drivers side mirror and $12,000 later it's back on the road. 2023 Prius Pictures
    More ...

4. DecorahDave

DecorahDave Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    XLE
    Just got my second 2023 Prius. First one is Supersonic Red LE, second one is Wind Chill Pearl. Traded 2021 Silver for LE. Traded 2018 One for XLE. Promised wife would buy anything for a while. I have an exceptional car care wash and detail place here in Decorah, Iowa. The touchless car wash has 5 levels. I was using the $12 one with 2 coats of wax (11 coupons for $100) on the trade-ins. Now I moved up the one that has a last coat of ceramic wax. $18 (7 coupons for $100). Steve will also do a complete ceramic coating for $750 - guaranteed for 5 years with touch-up each year for $100. Since I've only had the LE since 6/3/23 and XLE since 10/10/23, I don't have much history to share. I have not opted for the full ceramic coating but they can do it later for same price by cleaning the car thoroughly. The "touchless" car wash id the most fantastic operation I've ever seen. I'll probably leave out some steps if I try to decscibe. I'll find the makers name and post again. I lucked out to find the LE available in Rochester MN. Really happy with the new platform, but it is dam# hard to get in at 83 years old. Absolutely love the way it drives and new dashboard layout. Unfortunately, a big buck deer got his antlers in the drivers side mirror and $12,000 later it's back on the road. 2023 Prius Pictures
    I wanted to get another LE but Rochester said all they were getting was all wheel drive cars. I found the XLE in Winona MN at Dahl Toyota. Has a glass roof and 21" wheels but the other stuff it has I like. Looking forward to the power seat, etc. 2023 Prius XLE Pictures
    I'll try to let you know how I like the ceramic car washes. Do not do car washes with brushes or rags.

#64 DecorahDave, Oct 16, 2023
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2023