1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

proposal for mandatory/copy & paste fuel economy questionnaire

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Fuel Economy' started by cwerdna, Feb 9, 2010.

1. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    catt, how are you measuring your fuel economy?

2. Pfleiss

Pfleiss Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    2010 gen 3 IV 110k miles
    Proposed questions:
    - What region/state are you in? (if not already set by the user) Central Pa
    - What fuel economy are you getting and how are you determining fuel economy? (trip computer or manual calculations) Manual 35.5 over the last 10 fill ups and 39.6 over the last 2 years according to my fuelly acct.
    - What fuel economy are you expecting and why? 45-50
    - What are your tire pressures? 40 front 38 rear
    - What are the approximate outside air temps? 35-50 currently
    - How long are your trips? 15-20miles
    - How much of it is city vs. highway? Roughly what's the average speed in overall and and of each segment? Is there a lot of stop and go driving? 85% Highway speed limit 70
    - What's the terrain like of your drives? (e.g. flat, gentle hills, steep hills, etc.) gentle hills
    - How are you trying to drive (e.g. trying to stay in electric only?) and how hard are you braking? Not hard breaking
    - What modes are you using, if any? "normal", EV, power, eco? Normal
    - Are you "warming up" the ICE (internal combustion engine) by letting it idle after powering on? No
    - Are you driving using D or B mode? Drive idk what B is
    - Is your oil overfilled? (i.e. above the full mark on the dipstick) Toyota dealership just changed oil
    - HVAC settings? Are you using the heater, AC, auto mode, etc.? If using auto, what temp is it set to? Yes heater auto 70 but I turn it off when car warms up
    - Are you using the factory tires and wheels? If not, please indicate tire make, model and size (e.g. Goodyear Assurance Fuel Max 185/65R15). New stock size 15 wheels that weight 15lbs each and brand new defender t/h 195/65r15
    - If reporting a mileage drop, did anything significant change on your car (e.g. accident, hit a curb or big pothole throwing off alignment, oil change/other maintenance/repairs, changed tires or wheels, etc.) or your commute? The car needs aligned it’s pulling right I just had new power stop brakes and rotors done and I also had spark plugs changed, oil changed, factory air filter 6 months ago, and new wheels and tires put on. I have 110k miles on it and use high mileage sea foam every 5k or so.

[/QUOTE]

3. Charlie1980

Charlie1980 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    Help me I have a 2010 getting 30mpgs just put in a new battery 2 brand new cells lol.still sluggish egr or inverter?

4. Charlie1980

Charlie1980 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    Sorry new 2700 batt new cells and new 12v batt and new headmaster new timing chain new cv axle brakes put alot of $ it saves alot of $$$$ in gas used too get 60mpg im getting 31 avg something is not right.alot of work 240000miles

Mendel Leisk likes this.
  5. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Assuming "headmaster" equals head gasket, did you clean the EGR and intake manifold? It'll be very socked in with carbon by those miles.

6. ASRDogman

ASRDogman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    ??????????

(.) (,) (!) (?) (return/enter) (spacebar)

Would REALLY help alot!