1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Proud new owner,too sweet!

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Fred Wacksman, May 9, 2008.

1. Fred Wacksman

Fred Wacksman New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Hi! I bought mine on April 29th after taking my '05 Sienna XLE Limited in for an oil change. We were looking at Prius', but the availability of them in our area was very limited. I used to work part time for this dealer,Kings Toyota, in Cincinnati and went to see some of my pals in sales. I knew supply was limited, but my salesman said they just received one not spoken for. He had the car brought up front, I checked it out and it was a done deal. They were great. It had a #5 and I wanted a #6, so we had an after market leather(and heated seats) installed. It's Super White with a light grey interior. I love driving it. Our other car is an '06 Forester XT and it's also a super car(a wolf in sheep's clothing).
    Yesterday, I ordered body side moldings and mud flaps from PriusChat shop.:)
    Fred
    BTW, now you have to sign up for future delivery and the wait is projected to be up to two months.

2. prius729

prius729 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Congrats! btw did you end up paying for the oil change?

3. Fred Wacksman

Fred Wacksman New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Yea, but they gave me some freebie changes for the PRIUS. Actually, I couldn't believe they would give me a very fair deal. Prius' are absolutely dried up here. As we were working on the deal, two people approached us to make sure the deal was working, and one gal asked if she could just sit in it.....sure she could, but not buy it.
    This is a huge dealership. They tell me no matter how many Prius' are built. because they come from Japan the U.S. must balance exports, not so easy.

4. Zhe Wiz

Zhe Wiz Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Oh my God, this is too funny. We owned an 05 Sienna XLE Limited AWD and an 04 Forester XT (auto - 14.4 at the track!). We traded in the Sienna in February for a Barcelona Red Package 6. Where we differ from you (so far) is that in March I traded in my XT for ANOTHER Prius - Spectra Blue Pkg 6. So it's only a matter of time before you do the same. :)

Jack Z in NY

5. Fred Wacksman

Fred Wacksman New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I don't see us doing the '06 XT anytime soon. It only has about 13,000 mi. on it, plus my wife was driving the Sienna and now loves driving the XT. The Sienna only had 23,200 mi. on it when it was traded.
    Here's a question for you. If you are doing BT, how do you configure the voice to work the phone. I've read the manual, it paired easily, and I found a site to teach me to put the numbers and names into the book and speed dial, that wasn't supposed to be able to happen coming from Verizon and my dealer.
    But somehow I'm not getting it for doing the voice activation.
    Thanks,
    Fred