1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

PSA: 14" wheels do not fit on a 2nd Gen Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by 4goodcaws, Aug 9, 2020.

1. 4goodcaws

4goodcaws New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I have recently been on a search for used winter tires and wheels for my 05 Prius. I came across quite a few sets of tires on 5x100 14" wheels so I went to the forum to see if anyone knew if these might fit. I found lots of posts asking if 14" wheels would fit, but no definitive answers. I even called the dealer to see if they might know the answer and they told me to "check the prius chat forum." So I decided to just try them on and find out for myself. Turns out 14s DO NOT FIT over the brake calipers on the front of a second gen prius (they will fit on the back withe drum brakes). It was pretty close and it may be possible that a low offset 14" wheel would clear the caliper, but you would probably start to hit the fender at that point. There are probably not a ton of people trying to put 14" wheels on their car, but maybe this will help someone.

2Fats and SFO like this.
  2. 69shovlhed

69shovlhed Surly tree hugger

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    oem 15" wheels shouldn't be too hard to find anyway.

3. OwlsOwlsOwls

OwlsOwlsOwls New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    You're the hero I needed today.