1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Public Charging station in Texas

Discussion in 'Prime Main Forum (2017-2022)' started by randomwalk101, Apr 29, 2018.

1. randomwalk101

randomwalk101 DYI'er

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I freaking officially give up on charging in Texas. Being an oil state, Not only the gov doesn’t give a crap about environment and fuel saving...nobody gives a crap neither.

Charging station is like unicorn here...so I have a couple hours to kill so decided to make a 15 miles drive to one to test my “free $100 credit with ChargePoint”. When I finally made it there...I saw this....

Attached Files:

2. ttait

ttait Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Yeah, and Pruitt was about to have that Tesla towed for using too much electricity :D

3. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    If you really want to commiserate, look at the thread started years ago titled parking abuse Hall of Shame. There you can see countless inconsiderate tools - just being very inconsiderate selves.

priuscatprimeguy likes this.
  4. 2015BlizzardPriusFour

2015BlizzardPriusFour Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    You’re a better person than me. Id have pulled along behind them and ran the cord out to the charge port.

Haven’t had the prime long enough yet (just broke 48 hours) but my other car is a smart electric drive.

I’ve actually backed up behind someone sitting in the charging spot to where I was inches from their car and ran the cord to my charge port. Went in to the bathroom and when I came out they were standing by my car trying to unplug it. I just looked at them and said “it’ll be full in 4 hours. Did you want me to move or are you still shopping?”

Bri-n-TX and priuscatprimeguy like this.
  5. EyePrime

EyePrime Active Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Ouchh that hurt me so much seeing the ICE vehicles parked there and a TESLA WITH their OWN proprietary charger

6. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    don't feel bad, it's not much better here in taxachusetts.

7. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    the tesla format is not proprietary. Anyone who wants to build one can do so. They opened up all their patents somw time ago, but the good Folks at chargepoint, EV-GO, blink Et AL have chosen to only provide slower Chargers, for The Lion's Share of slower charging cars. Don't blame Tesla. As a matter of fact, if you wanted to, all you have to do is buy the adapter so you can charge off of a Tesla wall Charger, with your J-plug, like i did.
    [​IMG]
    As for that Tesla charging at the Chargepoint Point stall, what, isn't his money green as the bext car? Is there a sign anywhere saying no Tesla's? Maybe he should have to go 40 or 50 miles out of his way to get to that so-called "proprietary" supercharger? But hey, thanks for spewing all the hatred towards a fellow plug-in car.

EyePrime and Since2002 like this.
  8. priuscatprimeguy

priuscatprimeguy Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Yup, not an electric vehicle 20180728_121525.jpeg

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

9. Dennis_MA

Dennis_MA Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    The western part of the state is much better. I have five stations within 5 miles of where I live. Two of them are very close to my office. I usually don't need them as I have a station I use at home. Provincetown has two right near the main parking lot downtown that come in quite handy when I go there. I have not tried in Boston but I suspect that they are few and far between there.

bisco likes this.