1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Pull the fuse to preserve the 12v battery??

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by norman, Aug 16, 2004.

1. norman

norman New Member

Don't know if there's more to it, bu the Dome light fuse might just be to prevent the interior lights flattening the battery if the transit crews leave the lights on. (Picked up a new car once where exactly that had happened)

Does anyone know any more about this subject?

2. Frank Hudon

Frank Hudon Senior Member

I would think that at the docks where the cars are loaded and unloaded that the fob is probably left in the slot so the cars can be started and move in rapid order, so the fuse also probably controls the SE-SS and the immobilizer, which would place a draw on the system. Not positive but will try it this weekend.

3. HTMLSpinnr

HTMLSpinnr Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    I'd pull the 100A main fuse under the hood to kill the 12V battery - that's the last hop on the positive line before the positive terminal on the battery.

I would concur with Evan's suggestion though and put a solar charger on instead.

4. Frank Hudon

Frank Hudon Senior Member

Evan did you every check the voltage loss from the Low E glass in the Prius? I tried to get my automatic welding helmut to work with Toyota Low E and it wouldn't switch but would in sunlight. I wonder about the output from the solar panel behind Low E if it is significantly reduced.

5. seeh2o

seeh2o Prius OG

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    Evan, where did you get this? Where did you put it in your car, can it be seen? Was it hard to install?