1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Pull the trigger?

Discussion in 'Prime Main Forum (2017-2022)' started by 4rpr15, Sep 8, 2017.

1. 4rpr15

4rpr15 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    I would have to drive 5 hours to get the closest Prime I'm looking at getting. Prime Premium, Silver with black interior, $32,600. They are telling me there is no room to lower the price. Here is why. Thoughts?

"They aren't allocated to any dealership outside of New York and California. So to get them, I have to pay near sticker at a New York dealer, and then spend almost 2,000 flat bedding them from the east coast. So, I add on my 2000 cost and we get the 32,600 figure I've quoted you.

Unfortunately, or however you'd like to look at it, Prius primes are rare enough and desirable enough that it's the kind of thing you just need to go for if it's what you're after. I can't offer the kind of discounts and operate the same way with them as I do any of my other cars. I wish I could! But, on the upside, the product is fantastic, so some people are willing to see past that. "

Moto E (4) ?

#1 4rpr15, Sep 8, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2017
  2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    the whole northeast is getting them. would it be worth it to you to drive 10 hours to save $5,000.?

priuscatprimeguy and dalcon95 like this.
  3. 4rpr15

4rpr15 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    To save $5k? Not following.

Moto E (4) ?

4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    in ny/nj you get a $3,500. toyota rebate, and they are discounting beyond that.

5. 4rpr15

4rpr15 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    Oh gotcha. What would it cost to flatbed it over $2k?

6. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    i've read around $1,200. for a car carrier. most are buying a one way ticket, hotel room, and driving back.

7. 4rpr15

4rpr15 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    If I could save more, $1,200 isn't bad. How would one buy a vehicle without physically being there. Darn it! I wish I was a millionaire and could send someone on my behalf. Lol

bisco likes this.
  8. Husker4theSpurs

Husker4theSpurs Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    You could do it all via Fed Ex and then contact a car shipper yourself and send the dealer a copy of your contract with the shipper. I would imagine it would cost $600-900 to ship from the Northeast to Wisconsin. I have been considering the same from Nebraska. Including rebate it's not crazy to see $5000-5500 off of MSRP right now in Northeastern states.

priuscatprimeguy likes this.
  9. 4rpr15

4rpr15 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    Why are they so low? What is the preferred dealer out there ?

10. 4rpr15

4rpr15 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    A quick CarGurus.com search really didn't give me as much info as I would like to see our in NJ for example. Many have similar prices and no stock. I know this because they show a generic pic instead of an actual pic of the Prime at the dealership.

11. Husker4theSpurs

Husker4theSpurs Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Simple supply and demand. Dealers still have a lot of inventory out there. I have spoken with quite a few dealers in New Jersey, Connecticut, and Massachusetts and a few in New York. I'm not sure if you are looking for a specific color combo but you could start there. I would start at autotrader.com and do an advanced search including exterior color and trim level. You could use a zip code in the area to narrow it down a bit more. Otherwise you can locate dealers closer to a major airport if you want to consider flying and check their inventory. You can use the search function on toyota.com and then go to the dealer website to browse their inventory.

I haven't found it true that all NY dealers come in lower just because they have a higher rebate ($3500 in NY and NJ ... $3125 in other New England states).

12. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    1. Call the dealer with the car you want and ask for 'whoever handles Internet sales.'
    2. Tell them where you are and ask how you can buy the car and drive it back: (1) tags, (2) your state taxes and fees, (3) how best to get to dealership from recommended airport(s), (4) deposit to hold car, (5) time best to call from you banker, and (6) equipment list and VIN.
    3. Call your insurance agent and get the car covered. You will need proof of insurance.
    4. With your banker, call your contact at the dealer to get any title, loan or money transfers worked out. You may fly there with the bank check to turn over after your inspection.
    5. Coordinate airline ticket (early and cheap) and ground transportation to dealer (i.e., I used a local bus). I recommend reserving a local motel room and starting the next day BUT it is OK to drive towards home and get a cheap motel room on the way.
    6. Load and read the owner's manual before leaving or while riding to dealer.
    Bob Wilson

dalcon95 likes this.
  13. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    read through the prime pricing thread. it's tedious, but members provide a lot of good info such as dealer, salesperson and cost breakdown.
    some also detail how the transaction took place, how taxes and registration work, etc.
    and you can pm particular members with questions.

4rpr15 likes this.
  14. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    read through the prime pricing thread. it's tedious, but members provide a lot of good info such as dealer, salesperson and cost breakdown.
    some also detail how the transaction took place, how taxes and registration work, etc.
    and you can pm particular members with questions. many are willing to share whatever they have learned.

15. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    and you can pm particular members with questions. many are willing to share whatever they have learned.

16. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base

17. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base

18. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    here we go again.:rolleyes:

dalcon95 and priuscatprimeguy like this.
  19. priuscatprimeguy

priuscatprimeguy Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    yeah, yeah, we got it:p

bisco and dalcon95 like this.
  20. priuscatprimeguy

priuscatprimeguy Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    When Priuschat starts acting up like that, I just assume that it's going to post my stuff even though it doesn't look like it, when I finish posting by clicking on "post reply" I simply go to my refresh button on my browser and move on. :D

21. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    i hadn't had enough coffee yet to realize what was going on.:coffee:

priuscatprimeguy likes this.