1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Pulled the trigger

Discussion in 'Prius v Main Forum' started by Kensterfly, Sep 4, 2013.

1. Kensterfly

Kensterfly Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    After getting a couple of bids from area dealers today my own sales guy got approval to kick in their dealer money and met the challenge of getting us a nicely equipped v5 for under $30k. $29.4k to be exact. No ATP, which we did NOT want anyway. Comes with side molding, rear bumper guard, mud flaps, that enhanced security thing (could care less), deluxe mats and the P2 sealant, cleaner, fabric protector package. The only thing we will add is tint and he will do it at his cost of a little over $100. Not too bad. Suggestion for tint numbers/color that will look good with Blizzard Pearl and Misty Gray? (We're in Texas- not sure what the legal numbers are.) Don't want to black the windows out. Just a nice looking tint.
    We had been looking for Blizzard Pearl with Bisque but my Bride decided today she wanted Misty Gray, which I liked better anyway but it's her car. They extended the 0% financing til the end of the month so we're going to finance about 1/3. Trade in is about 1/3 and we'll drop cash for the rest.

So, what should we have the dealer do prior to delivery? Delete the back up beeps for one. What else? Update any software?

Really looking forward to getting this car. We've loved the Lexus RX and will most likely note some drop in the 'luxury' factor but I think we're good with that.

Suggestions are welcome!

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    congrats, all the best!(y)

3. jhinsc

jhinsc Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Congratulations on your purchase. I hope you enjoy your new v as much as I do mine. In addition to the back-up beep, I had my dealer disable the no-seat belt beep. I normally would not do this or recommend anyone doing so, and quite surprised there was a procedure to do it. Being a Realtor and carrying people around my community where I sell going from home to home and constant getting in and out of the car was annoying to have everyone buckle up. There was talk of having a golf cart to drive around with but that never happened so we use our own cars. I am a fanatic though about everyone wearing seat belts in my car at all other times. It still amazes me when people respond "but I'm in the back seat". Don't they realize they become a 200 lbs flying projectile in a crash? My car doesn't move until all is buckled up.

4. Kensterfly

Kensterfly Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Seat belt beep is not an issue. My bride and I don't even think about it. It's automatic to buckle up. And I make sure a guest is buckled before I put it in gear. Ironically, I had a dream just last night of easing down the street in my F150 with a gauntlet of about 20 policeman standing on each side of the road. I realized they were checking seat belts and for some reason mine was not buckled. Before one of the cops looked into my window I smoothly pulled the belt over and sort of held it into place, not quite getting it buckled. I got past all but the last cop who walked beside me trying to verify if I was buckled or not. He noticed I was holding the belt in place. He then started to yell at me to pull over. I pretended not to see or hear him and drove away, looking for the expected chase vehicle. No one chased me down but I thought better of fleeing so I made a u-turn and turned myself in. They had made a note of my license tag. "Step over here," a cop told me.
    Instead of receiving a ticket I was given the chance to make a donation to their annual fund raiser.

That's when I woke up.

I wonder what they would have done if I was in the 'v' and had disconnected the pedestrian warning system?