1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Pump Clicks off WAY before full

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by dzoutzidis, Jan 24, 2007.

1. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I had this problem once or twice with my 2004, always at gas stations I'd never been to before. But there was a TSB on some early 2004s (maybe 2005s????) involving the filler pipe and also the gas gauge computer. I had the work done, and I've been able to get a bit more gas in since then, and have never again had the shut-off problem.

My guess is that the design of the filler pipe causes some overly-sensitive pumps to shut off too soon. In the extreme case, almost immediately. The newer fill pipe (installed in mine under the TSB, and standard in later models) allows a bit more leeway, while still having problems with the most-sensitive pumps.

But the dealer who told you there is no bladder is simply ignorant about this car. If this was someone in the service department, run away from that dealership as fast as you can! Who knows what else they do not know about the car!

2. dvdirv

dvdirv Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I've had this fill up problem on my '05 and well as my current '06 Prius.

When I went in to service and asked about the problem, they said this was common with the Prius due the car's gas tank bladder.

I never asked whether Toyota planned to correct this problem! :unsure:

3. dzoutzidis

dzoutzidis New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dvdirv @ Jan 26 2007, 01:01 PM) [snapback]381103[/snapback]</div>
    I brought my car in back on monday of last week and they emailed their main Toyota service something or other to ask what to do about the problem and STILL haven't heard back on what to do to fix it. They say they've never seen this problem before and nobody in all of North America's every complained about it. They are CLEARLY full of you know what.... bah.... still waiting for word from them but I'll keep you all posted when I hear.