1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Pump your car - and the volume - with Ovation iX

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Areometer, Jan 7, 2006.

1. Areometer

Areometer Silver Business Sponsor

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Posted Jan 7th 2006 12:41PM by Marc Perton
    Filed under: CES, Misc. Gadgets, Transportation

The two most frustrating things about getting gas are probably having to hand over close to $3 a gallon and having to stand out there watching those numbers go up while your tank fills. And while there's no solution in sight for the first problem (other than buying a Prius or a bike, that is), gas pump maker Dresser Wayne has some ideas about how to deal with the second one. The company is showing off the Ovation iX, a gas pump powered by Windows CE, which the company envisions as a terminal you can use to download music files, watch videos or download and print coupons while you fill your car. Sounds great — until, that is, you find yourself stuck in a gas line behind some kid who just has to watch that Hilary Duff video one more time, or until a virus leaves you stranded with an empty tank while the pump flashes a BSOD.

>> Read More

[​IMG]

2. slortz

slortz New Member

I agree. Why does the gas pumping experience need to made into something more? Making an advancement in the speed in which one can fill their tank and get out of there would be great but creating a way for people sit there and waste time holding up the pump--I don't get it. I guess if I had a Hummer or diesel truck that took 30 minutes to fill up I might need something to keep me entertained but my Prius takes about 3 minutes tops to fill and then I'm out of there. :)

3. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    In my opinion, one of the great advantages of living in Oregon (also true of New Jersey) is that only trained professionals (uh huh) can fill your car's gas tank. We don't have self-service; it's illegal to pump your own gas. :)

I hope I never have to meet an Ovation iX!

4. wilco

wilco New Member

That's exactly what popped into my head when I read "powered by Windows CE" :p

5. Presto

Presto Has his homepage set to PC

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    It takes me less than 2 min to pump the gas and in that time, I just like to stand there and contemplate the many mysteries of Life, like the Caramilk secret.