1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Pumping gas in a Prius v

Discussion in 'Prius v Fuel Economy' started by AshleyTPriusv, Oct 5, 2015.

1. AshleyTPriusv

AshleyTPriusv Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    ive been reading a few threads and see people talking about how much to put into the Prius v. I am confused as to why they ask... Shouldn't the fuel pump stop pumping gas when the tank is full like any other car?

2. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Yes it will; you should have no problems. I would just fill 'till it clicks off, and you're done.

3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    yes, when the pump stops, stop pumping. if you must round, just go up to the next nickel. people who insist on pumping in the last drop are in danger of damaging the eval system.

there should be instructions in your o/m.

4. wjtracy

wjtracy Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    You'd have to point out a specific prior thread for me to comment.

5. JimboPalmer

JimboPalmer Tsar of all the Rushers

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Back in the day, the Gen 2 Prius had fillup issues. I have had no trouble with the v in over 200 fillups. You can safely drive to 0 miles and no bars on the gauge, and only put 10.5 gallons in. (It was very unwise to drive Gen 2 to anywhere near empty, but the v has no issues)

(prior to 2011, Toyota used roman numerals for trim levels, any mention of a Prius v before 2012 is NOT the station wagon. This is marketing at its worst)

6. AshleyTPriusv

AshleyTPriusv Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks for the responses! I don't ever plan on going till the gas tank is empty or very close to empty. Just wanted to make sure I don't have to pay close attention to the gas pump numbers

7. les.warden

les.warden Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Yea, our 2008 had the gas tank (&bladder?) replaced because of fill up issues. Put the nozzle in normal to fill and it would always click off like it was full. Something about back pressure or something. I've always used the backup method someone on here told me about long time ago, and never had problems. Turn the gas nozzle upside down when filling! Works great, but always gets weird looks from others. Oh well..whatever works!

Tapping from my phone

AshleyTPriusv likes this.