1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Punched in the nose! Need badge repair parts

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by PetesPrius2015, Dec 26, 2015.

1. PetesPrius2015

PetesPrius2015 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    My (fairly) new 2015 Prius 5 got punched by a Ford Escape's back bumper. Was very lucky, no trailer hitch etc., just a smooth plastic bumper on the Escape. It pushed the "Toyota" badge straight in, which cracked the badge and broke the black plastic backing (mounting) plate beyond repair. If anyone has experience with this repair, or knows the best way to get these parts (outside of using the dealer's parts department, which I am not eager to do), I'd greatly appreciate your response. Thanks in advance, Pete

2. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    any pictures? Sounds like you would need a body shop to do this, especially if you have the ATP package with Radar Cruise Control

3. PetesPrius2015

PetesPrius2015 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Thanks, appreciate your reply. I do have experience with body & fender repair and am fortunate to have full repair facility at my disposal. Mostly was looking for parts source other than dealer. No ATP or radar (this is one of the reasons I chose a car without it, notwithstanding the exorbitant price). I am able to see all of the damaged area and there is no damage other than the badge and the mounting plate, both of which are bolt-in items. Thanks again!

4. qdllc

qdllc Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    My sister hit my Prius. Saved the badge and "blue" background. Don't have the base for it, though. Would it help?