1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Purchased 2013 Prius 2

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by HGS, Aug 21, 2015.

1. HGS

HGS Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    A couple weeks ago I purchased a 2013 Prius 2 with 46,000 miles. I added a backup camera, window deflectors, cargo net, front and rear sunshades, K & N cabin filter, and rear bumper protector.

I bought 4 qt of WS ATF and will change the fluid soon. Plan on sending it in for analysis.

I've been monitoring temperatures with IPad EngineLink HD. We've had some very warm weather in Florida and I've seen the invertor up to 165 F once while parked and the TB up to 46 C when leaving work. Nothing there to concern me. Those were two very hot days and I've learned what parked in 95 -100 F heat with the AC on LOW will do.

I'm enjoying the Bluetooth phone/music link. I've walked out to the car to power up the accessories once and linked my phone nearly 50 feet away. I came back in the house to find my phone playing the music I was listening to in the car earlier in the day.

I have a 35 mile commute to work and this will really help fuel costs. Will probably put 20,000/yr on the car. I keep cars/trucks for a very long time. I still have my 17 year old truck I purchased new. Rarely drive it, put it's good for hauling things

Lots of great info here on PC. I've learned a lot leading up to my purchase.

Burna J likes this.
  2. orenji

orenji Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    The Prius C temp is around 190F, so does the LB runner cooler?

3. HGS

HGS Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I'm still learning about normal inverter and TB temperatures. When it's a comfortable 80 F outside I've seen the inverter at 120 F while driving, but sitting parked for 20 minutes in 100 F outside temp. I've seen the inverter climb to 165 F while it's charging the TB.

The warmest I've seen the TB is 115 F (46 C)

If you are asking about the ICE water temp., my water temp. Is also about 190 F.