1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Purchased 2013 Prius C, noticed a few oddities

Discussion in 'Prius c Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by John Q, Dec 25, 2013.

1. John Q

John Q New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I've been lurking on this site for the past month or so, and finally decided to purchase the Prius C 4 days ago. My background is electrical engineering, so I like to take an in depth look at how things are set up in vehicles and noticed a few oddities I thought the users here may have a bit more background on.

The first image is of some wiring which appears to have been heat shrunk inside the engine compartment over the passenger strut mounting location. They're both labeled "ES-HW-3". Any idea what they are for?

20131223_142057.jpg

The second thing I found strange was this hose 4 way Tee located in the center-back of the engine compartment. I see it has a sensor (or actuator), and it almost looks like one of the tees has nothing on it. Any idea of it's purpose?

20131223_142109.jpg

Thanks!

2. KYBlue

KYBlue Active Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    LE
    My TIS subscription is up, its either $12 or $15 for two days, drive the car a bit longer, then get the 2 day-r and figure out stuff to your heart's content!

Chris

fourenty likes this.
  3. priusCpilot

priusCpilot Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Interesting? I wounder if my 2012 is the same?

4. type17volkswagen

type17volkswagen Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three

Congrats on the purchase and welcome John Q! Good observations. One of my first posts here was a question about my observation of the connector colors (alternating grey and black) on the spark plug coils.

Because I'm too cheap to pay for a subscription to TIS, I'm going to guess this is a connector used to either fill or drain whatever fluid or gas is in the hose.

As for the two in the other pic, I'm not sure. But it'll give me something to look for next time I'm under the hood of my 2012.

5. Flying White Dutchman

Flying White Dutchman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A