1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

purchasing 2012 prius - questions about models and miles

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by rh1234, Sep 24, 2016.

1. rh1234

rh1234 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Looking for some advice! Buying a used Prius - decided on 2011 or 2012 - comparing some different options and wondering why truecar brings up the prius that i'm looking at as a model three but when calling dealers they say they are model 2... any thoughts on model differences? I don't really need the items in the model three, just trying to navigate value of various used options -

how much would you expect as price difference between two 2012 model two - one with 64k (black) and one with 50k (blue) - does color make a value difference? any thoughts on what to look for in this type of a used prius?

2. eman08

eman08 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    The 11s and 12s are in the same generation essentially the same car as they are 3rd gens. One could be package II or they just don't know what they are selling.

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

3. exstudent

exstudent Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Go here. Auto-Brochures.com|Toyota Car PDF Sales Brochure/Catalog/Flyer/Info Avalon Camry Celica, Corolla Corona Echo Mark II Mirai Prius Yaris
    Look at the brochure for the '11 & '12 you are contemplating to see what trim package you have. It could be that one or both of these cars might have come a large fleet vehicle lease. Leasing companies (Wheels, PHH, and many others), contract directly with the vehicle manufacture, picking and choosing exactly what they want. Oftentimes, the vehicles are packaged in ways that are never able to a retail consumer.

4. winner_downtheline

winner_downtheline Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I just bought a new used 2012 Prius four and love it.

My suggestion is to go for the highest trim if possible. I got the four but would have loved to get the five if it was available. I bought mine at carmax and it had 34k miles on it.

#4 winner_downtheline, Sep 24, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2016
  5. WolfpackBill

WolfpackBill Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    Remember 2012 is a mid-model refresh year so there are differences between those years.