1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

purse

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Mary Snyder, Jun 10, 2007.

1. Mary Snyder

Mary Snyder New Member

Can any woman tell me where she puts her purse in the Prius? I don't think there is a place.

Mary

2. mcbrunnhilde

mcbrunnhilde Opera singin' Prius nut!

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Masnyd @ Jun 10 2007, 03:34 PM) [snapback]459290[/snapback]</div>
    I usually put it in the passenger seat, or if my mom is in the car with me, I put it on the back seat or the foot area of the back seat. If you have the Smart Key feature, it will work just fine from either place. However, I have not been able to get Smart Key to work if my purse is anywhere in the hatch.

3. janets98

janets98 New Member

I also place my purse on the floor of the back seat. Even if I'm carrying 3 people, there has always been room for it there. Fortunately, the Prius has plenty of leg room.

4. essaunders

essaunders Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    It seems the Prius really should have some sort of hook in the car center or left side of passenger foot well that could hold the average purse or shopping bag. If you have a front seat passenger and can't just use the seat, a purse hook there would keep the bag out of the pedals and mostly out of the passengers way.

Anybody put in a hook?

5. Neicy

Neicy Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    Passenger seat or back seat.

6. SW03ES

SW03ES Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Carla sits hers in the passenger footwell.

Some sort of hook would be nice. The Lexus has a retractable hook (kind of like the coat hooks) on the passenger side of the center console for a purse.

7. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I put it on the passenger seat.

When the dog rides with me I put it on the passenger floor area.

When I have people I either put it on the center console or on the floor behind the drivers seat.

8. kayemarschke2

kayemarschke2 New Member

I put mine on the hump between the dash and the armrest. Right in the middle front. Works great.

9. Rae Vynn

Rae Vynn Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(kayemarschke2 @ Jun 11 2007, 06:35 PM) [snapback]459876[/snapback]</div>
    That's where mine sits, too. It blocks the secret drawer, but otherwise is out of the way. As the "hump" is flat, I have no problem with my purse falling off.

10. desertbriez

desertbriez New Member

passenger seat when i'm alone..... back floor when i'm a passenger or driving with someone esle.....

11. Mary Snyder

Mary Snyder New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(desertbriez @ Jun 11 2007, 09:52 PM) [snapback]459884[/snapback]</div>

Thanks guys, I know about the passenger seat and the back, but I thought maybe there was a special place that I wasn't finding. When you put in on the hump in the middle of the front floor, doesn't it fall towards the driver's feet, or where is the hump exactlly? I usually have someone sitting in the front passenger seat.

Thanks so much.

Mary

12. pirateprius

pirateprius New Member

Eastern North Carolina, Home of the ECU Pirates
    I'm usually alone, so on the front passenger seat. Otherwise on the front passenger floorboard or the back floorboard. I've tried the front console, but it usually slides too much.

13. zenMachine

zenMachine Just another Onionhead

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I once saw on eBay a purse "holder" for the Prius that's velcro'd to the floor between the dash and the console. Very simple and elegant looking. Don't know if that seller still has them for sale. You might want to do a search on eBay.

14. llyons

llyons Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Between the dash and arm rest works for me. :) In my Explorer I used to put it in the passenger seat when alone and would hate twisting around all the time to place it or retrieve it from the back. Much better now. :)

15. desertbriez

desertbriez New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Masnyd @ Jun 11 2007, 07:06 PM) [snapback]459898[/snapback]</div>

i know i saw earlier posts that said it doesn't.... but i'm not gonna take a chance of having my purse fall toward me and get under my feet and possible cause an accident! (and i have a smallish purse, since i'm smallish.... can't have a huge honking thing! lol!) so it would fit there if i were inclined to use that spot.... maybe if it had "rails" to hold it? but that wouldn't work either, because we put the cord for the iPos in that drawer when we put the coastaletch mod.... so i'd have to move it to access the ipod and cord...)

i know the first coupld of times i tried to put it on the hump in the BACK and it would just fall over and dump stuff out (i'm bad about keeping it ziiped....) so now it just goes on the floor behind hubby when i'm a passenger.... right where i can reach it!

i don't know of any special secret spots......

16. rachmaninoff

rachmaninoff New Member

17. gail88

gail88 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Masnyd @ Jun 10 2007, 06:34 PM) [snapback]459290[/snapback]</div>
    I also put mine on the font seat or if I have a passenger on the back behind the driver's seat :)

18. ny biker

ny biker Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius
    Model:
    XLE
    Do other vehicles come with purse hooks or special holders? I have never seen one, and it's never been an issue for me. On the passenger seat, on the back seat, or on a floor works for me. The only time I worry about this is when I'm leaving the purse in the car when going out for a bike ride, because in that case I want it hidden (I don't leave valuables in it, but would still prefer to prevent a smash-and-grab).

19. Michgal007

Michgal007 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    No passenger present: front passenger seat
    Front passenger present: the hump on the floor near the secret compartment
    Long trips with multiple passengers: inside the center console

20. Miss_Taz

Miss_Taz New Member

Alone: on passenger seat
    With dog: on passenger floor
    With one person: usually on floor of backseat, or for short trips, on right armrest

When not in the car: hidden in the rear hatch with the cover pulled over it! (SSSHHHH!)

I saw pics one time of a woman who used a single bungee cord to wrap from the under-dash to the armrest console and back. It thus made "sides" on the hump, and things would not fall over... I can't recall where I saw those pics (might have been here), but it seemed a cheap solution to an age-old problem. My purse is usually too large to fit on the hump well....