1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Put my deposit down with new dealer today!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by rebbi, Jul 27, 2006.

1. rebbi

rebbi New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bulldog @ Jul 30 2006, 04:10 AM) [snapback]294535[/snapback]</div>
    Great and useful information, thanks!

Take care,

Steve

2. rufaro

rufaro WeePoo, Gen II

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(rebbi @ Jul 27 2006, 07:44 PM) [snapback]293608[/snapback]</div>

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(AlphaTeam @ Jul 28 2006, 11:33 AM) [snapback]293912[/snapback]</div>
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(nerfer @ Jul 28 2006, 12:01 PM) [snapback]293926[/snapback]</div>
    Yes. All airbags come w/ #3.

Also, with ALL of 'em, I believe, is traction control. Mine kicked in on a recent roadtrip when I was pulling off at highway speeds, on a "real" offramp, to stop and look at a map (no NAV!). I did not notice how fast I was still going (smooth ride!) as I was pulling off onto gravel. Scared the poop outtta me until I realized what had just happened (and what that little blinking light on the dash was trying to convey to me....). My conclusion...Car & I'd'a been more than a little damaged had not the TC kicked on.

I too live in an area w/ very low incidence of freezing conditons, but with many months a year of NO rain with the other many being POTENTIALLY LOTS OF RAIN...so a month or so a year of oily roads...and idiots who don't know not to SLOW THE F**K DOWN in such conditions. Some...very occasional...black ice. There is a little snowflake icon to warn you about THAT potential. Between the antilock brakes, airbags, and the TC, I feel pretty good about the security the car offers me.

BUT I do not have a small child (just an 18 yo, who has had 2 car accidents of his own in his first 6 months of an unrestricted driver's license...but that's an entirely different story).

What will make YOU feel most comfortable...but NOT EVER complacent?

Is the tax credit more important than your peace of mind? Or is what else the car comes with, plus your own skill and awareness, sufficient to be comfortable without the VSC? If you were in a more wintry climate, it'd be an easier question to answer.

Hell, I couldn't even be a PASSENGER in a car with front airbags until recently, being 5' tall and not wanting to risk a broken neck because the car was being overprotective, so all these newfangled safety things are very novel to me...

No one here can answer to YOUR conscience/comfort.

Much as all of us would like to believe we all know best! B)

3. jannlinder

jannlinder New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(sl7vk @ Jul 28 2006, 11:13 AM) [snapback]293839[/snapback]</div>

VSC saved my butt on a slippery on-ramp in rainy conditions--stopped me from spinning out of control. I am not an overly aggressive driver...simply the on-ramp was going from a interstate BELOW the interstate I was merging on to--thus I was going uphill and giving it alot of gas to speed up on a short on-ramp. I was in San Jose, CA (where the dealers ALSO do not push VSC 'cos we "don't need it here").

I am SO glad i bought it!

4. rebbi

rebbi New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jann @ Aug 8 2006, 01:47 AM) [snapback]299487[/snapback]</div>
    This is really good to know, thanks.

Take care,

Steve

5. Charles Suitt

Charles Suitt Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    :) Howdy rebbi...

Yesterday (Monday 8/7) out of curiosity I checked virtually all of the Texas dealers regarding the Prius they had in stock. I found a very varied collection, all sorts of packages and colors apparently ready for immediate delivery. In addition, there were MANY more tagged "Available" which probably means allocated but not yet on site. I also checked Louisiana, Oklahoma, Arkansas and New Mexico, but not much to find in those areas.

One caution... there was no way to determine on www.toyota.com whether the individual dealers added a "consideration" to the MSRP.

Might be worth a few emails or calls.

6. Gruvkitty

Gruvkitty New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(rebbi @ Jul 28 2006, 07:41 AM) [snapback]293823[/snapback]</div>
    Toyota reached the 60k last quater (it includes ALL hybrids they make), so now IRS will continue to accept the tax credit through this quarter (Sept 30th). Atfer that, I believe the tax credit cuts in half, and again in half the next quarter, and then none.

I may have the details off a bit, but you can google hybrid tax credit to ge the exact info.

7. Jack Straw

Jack Straw New Member