1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Putting a start button on steering whell

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by HasanAgera, Jul 15, 2021.

1. HasanAgera

HasanAgera New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi everybody. As you read the title, I want to put a start button on steering wheel or change a button function to start button for my convinient. I placed my phone holder right next to start button because I didn't find a better place. But now I can't reach to button with my right hand easily. So I thought a start button on steering whell would be very good. Is there any way to do that? Maybe changing mode button function to start engine button. I don't use the mode button beacuse I have bluetooth receiver and it's useless cause I dont listen to radio.

2. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    You basically have to remove your existing smart button and extend all the wires into the steering column in a way they don't get damaged when you turn the wheel and then you need to take apart the button and try to make it smaller but have it still perform its many functions.

Basically, a huge hassle that won't be worth your time. Just put your phone in a better location.

3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    you can't use a steering wheel butto, because there are too many wires. just relocate it somewhere more convenient. maybe the side of the steering column.

pull up the wiring digrams on the net, and have a look around. post in the mods forum, that's where all the guru's are.

4. Colorado Boo

Colorado Boo Active Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius
    Model:
    LE AWD-e