1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Puzzler -- mysterious snacks inside moulding

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by Andy Abrams, Feb 6, 2019.

1. Andy Abrams

Andy Abrams Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    While investigating a buzzing noise at certain speeds coming from the right front of the inside of my Prius, I removed the right passenger side A pillar moulding to get to the speaker grill. I was surprised to see an assortment of nuts from a bag of trail mix (as opposed to acorns that might have come in through the air intake and had been causing a noise for the heater blower). The car is parked inside a garage which is accessible to squirrels but it is winter in Maine and it has not been parked with the windows down in many months.
    • The nuts appear not to have been eaten. They do not appear to be more than a few years old (def. not 8 years old)
    • I have owned the car since new (it arrived with 4 miles on it)

How did this happen?
    If there is a mouse inside the car, how could it have brought more than one nut from the center console to the A pillar moulding? What are the signs that there is a mouse in the car?

True -- this sounds nuts -- it did happen and I welcome your ideas!

bisco likes this.
  2. Pluggo

Pluggo Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    TEMP.jpg
    Live traps are nice, as long as you remember to check them daily.

3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    check the cabin air filter, and the engine air filter

Andy Abrams likes this.
  4. Landon51

Landon51 Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    mmmmmmm, poop tarts?

Possibly, during a time when you had it in for service, a mechanic left you a present?

Or, you might try sussing this out by telling the rest of your friends that you found acorns in your car. Just don't your them where you found them. Maybe, if you're extraordinarily lucky, someone will mention where you found them.

Hope that helps you with your conundrum.

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.