1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Puzzling Coupon

Discussion in 'Dealers & Pricing' started by css28, Apr 10, 2012.

1. css28

css28 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I got an e-mail from the dealer yesterday.

It started out wishing me well and hoping that I was enjoying my new car. It went on to advise me that a satisfaction survey from Toyota would be coming soon and that I should contact them if *anything* stood in the way of being outstanding in every category. If I felt everything was perfect already, they urged me to send it in. I remember back in 1991 a Mazda dealer that offered me a free oil change if I'd let them fill in and return the survey themselves!

Anyhow, in addition to this message they had the following coupon attached:
    [​IMG]

Several questions came to mind:
    Who would choose a nitrogen tire fill over an oil change?
    Do they realize that Toyota's going to cover my oil changes (and tire rotations) for the next two years anyhow?
    When does the coupon expire? When the car's 4 months old? When it hits 5,000 miles? On 5/5/12?

I've more or less decided that the coupon holds no value for me, particularly since I took delivery of the car on 3/19/12. I suppose I could wangle it into an early oil change (at <2,000 miles) but I suspect I'd end up with non-synthetic oil in the sump plus the uneasy feeling that something wasn't quite right.

Any thoughts?

- Chris

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    i'd be interested to know what they would do about all the things that stand between you and the outstandings. might be a lot more valuable than the coupon. it's no wonder dealers never have to answer to mfg's., they always find a way to get perfect satisfaction surveys. the mfg's. should send these to the customers without the dealers knowledge and offer some swag just for filling it out honestly.

3. css28

css28 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    The funny thing is that I received and submitted the online survey before they sent me this.

Suburban is part of a mega collection of dealers; I think they've gotten big enough to get clumsy.