1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Quality Control Freight Hold

Discussion in 'Gen 5 Prius Main Forum' started by Troubadour, Apr 4, 2023.

1. ColoradoCrow

ColoradoCrow Active Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    I
    Man that is rough.. Patience can be very difficult. We had to wait 6 months for our furniture to be made.....sitting around the living room on camp chairs ceased to be funny after the first month. Furniture shows up and 1 electric recliner doesn't have the top have move, 1 couch has a weird green stain, and one chair is the right fabric but the wrong color...:unsure: They are correcting the problems,(just came and got the couch today) delivering new chair and repaired couch June 12th...we ordered August 10 2022. I could not manage to wait for a new car right now...LOL. But I am rambling..YOU will have a new Prius within a week I would think.(y):) Can't wait to hear how wonderful it is and what your experience is.

2. Perpetual Waffle

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    XLE AWD-e
    Oh my gosh, FINALLY. Car is off hold and finished processing as of yesterday. ETA of June 11th-16th.

Not showing in inventory yet.

#102 Perpetual Waffle, May 11, 2023
    Last edited: May 11, 2023
    ColoradoCrow and Preebee like this.
  3. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    That Toyota quote is so reassuring, so optimistic. For just one example, I recall with 4th gen, new owners complaining about harsh ride, discovering their tires were still at max sidewall pressure.

#103 Mendel Leisk, May 11, 2023
    Last edited: May 11, 2023
    Preebee likes this.
  4. Edward Morgan

Edward Morgan Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    LE
    It is getting difficult to post:

The car assigned to me finally arrived at the dealer Tuesday May 10th, one day after Toyota Tracker said it would arrive(after many extensions and disappearing and reappearing) . Due to the length of time it sat at "Port" on its Quality Control Freight Hold waiting for port installed options I believe, the paint received what the dealer called rail rust. The dealer had to send the car to a paint shop for repair. They gave me 2 options...buy this one (black LE FWD) after it had been repaired or get the next unassigned Prius in their allocation (currently none at this dealer) or they thought they might be able to find an unallocated car from one of their "sister" dealers(currently none). They will notified me when the paint repair is finished for me to inspect it, which will probably take about a week. As I sold my previous Prius a while ago and am getting this one at or below MSRP I do not think I will be waiting for a different one.

5. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    See if you can weasel an extra discount out of them

6. Edward Morgan

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    LE
    I called the dealer and was told the paint is unrepairable on the car I was waiting on and Toyota Motor Sales was buying it back and looking for me a replacement. The salesman could not give me any new estimate on how long this would take but implied it would not take too long and the new car would not have to come from the dealer's allocation. I called Toyota Motor Sales to get help and they said they would look into it.
    As of today the original car is still showing on the Toyota inventory website with sales pending status.

bisco likes this.
  7. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
  8. Perpetual Waffle

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    XLE AWD-e

Did you ever get a replacement?

They keep moving the finish line on mine. Original ETA was “late April/early May”, then I found out about the hold. Once it was off the hold, dealer ETA was 06/11-06/16, then 06/12-06/17, and just yesterday I found out it had changed to 06/20-06/25. It’s been waiting to get put on a delivery truck since 06/02. (n)

9. Exerted

Exerted Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    N/A
    I missed this thread and didn't realize the shipping issues currently going on. Salesman said it would arrive by the end of the month, but now I'm not so sure as the boat is currently anchored an hour or so away from the receiving port. I don't know how accurate the ETA and port destination on vesselfinder is but it was supposed to arrive at the port on the 13th at around 1pm(salesman also said that was the port day, which is how I was able to narrow down the name of the ship that most likely has my vehicle).

However, they arrived late in the day on the 13th and have been anchored away from port since then. I don't know what the hold up could be, maybe the port is just backed up and not able to receive any additional ships at this time.

Luckily the lender I plan on using has locked my rates into early September.

10. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    It is likely more ships than available help, which is a Covid leftover. But better that than the other way around!

11. aforkosh

aforkosh Active Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    Limited
    The other problem could be is that there is no dock available at the port. Vessel Finder also shows the ships expected with the date expected. If your port is Benicia, I do seethe the Grand Victory vehicle carrier that left Toyohashi on May 27, and after several stops, arrived at the San Francisco Anchorage on June 13. It is expected in Benica this evening.

Exerted likes this.
  12. Exerted

Exerted Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    N/A
    I was eyeing the Plumeria Leader as it originated from Toyohashi and stopped at Long Beach destination and supposed to arrive at Benicia on the 13th at 1pm, and it lined up with the info my sales guy gave me. Instead it's been anchored in SF Bay since then and hasn't moved. I found out Benicia can handle 3 ships at once, and a new ship that wasn't on the expected arrivals is now in its 3rd port. It seems like arrivals and departures aren't accurately listed when looking at the port itself. The port also never listed the Plumeria as an expected arrival, so with all these inconsistencies I don't know anymore lol

13. Exerted

Exerted Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    N/A
    Looks like grand victory is on the move to the port, although Benicia no longer lists it as an expected ship. I hope I'm wrong and youre right that my car might be on the grand victory instead. Any idea if the status on Toyota tracker or Toyotas own website will update once it rolls off the carrier?

14. Edward Morgan

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    LE
    Sorry but I got so frustrated I quit reading these posts for a while. The current situation is I was first offered a AWD LTD replacement which I declined. Currently I have been allocated a Supersonic Red LE with 2 less port installed options (which happen to cost the same as the red paint option). The sales manager said the car was due in Portland on June 30th and will arrive at the dealer by July 31st. I will update this forum when I finally receive it.

15. Edward Morgan

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    LE
    I also saw a 2023 Prius Prime XSE Premium in Wind Chill Pearl go down my street last week which added to my frustration.

16. Perpetual Waffle

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    XLE AWD-e
    I understand you frustration completely. Between waiting almost a year for allocation, the port hold, and delivery delays, I was feeling pretty envious of people that waited way less time than me to get theirs. The wait will be worth it though, I am sure. Fingers crossed for no more delays!

daisy555 likes this.
  17. AndersOne

AndersOne Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
  18. Edward Morgan

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    LE
    Finally an update on my Supersonic Red LE FWD.

"Vehicle may be in transit. Estimated availability 07/13/23 - 07/24/23"

Apparently no QC hold on my replacement. It is still taking a long time to arrive from Portland considering the ship arrived June 30th.

daisy555 and Perpetual Waffle like this.
  19. daisy555

daisy555 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Toyota-Tracker.com is not a Toyota website. Just figured this out. : ) I know it’s not always accurate but I find it interesting that the Corolla Cross Hybrid I’m watching is getting daily updates and mine still states in allocation/build stage. Sales manager sees more detailed info and told me car could be delivered as early as July 17th.

He wanted me to come in this week to get estimate on trade but I need to remove my supplies and clean first. : /

#119 daisy555, Jul 12, 2023
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2023
  20. Edward Morgan

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    LE
    New update from the Toyota Inventory website....

"Vehicle may be in transit. Estimated availability 07/23/23 - 08/10/23."

I will be calling the dealer today to see what they say.

daisy555 likes this.