1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Quantitative Results of Grid Charge/Discharge

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by S Keith, Dec 6, 2015.

1. HBS

HBS Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Regarding the "switching of the bulbs" during discharge, I purchased the new HA discharger that automatically adjusts the discharge load and automatically stops at the desired voltage and I have good feedback for it. The service wasn't as good as when I originally purchased my first Prolong grid charger but nevertheless I recommend these over the light bulb discharging set up.

Attached Files:

2. tri4all

tri4all Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Hi keith and all. two questions after reading this thread:
    1. do you guys think that 250 W is too much for the first discharge? I have two 250W heat lamp bulbs from a bathroom fan. any thoughts?
    2. the prolong reconditioning procedure is basically a 3 charge and 3 discharge cycles one after the other. but what if we were to do a full charge and then a full discharge using the light bulb procedure, and we can still do this 3 times? wouldn't this accomplish the same? and it would significantly reduce the monitoring time between cycles?

#162 tri4all, Nov 15, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2020
  3. tri4all

tri4all Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    are these discharge voltage termination values outdated? I see on the prolong website that for the prius second or third generation the values are:
    first 134 V
    second 101 V
    third 84 V

4. dolj

dolj Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Yes, HA has updated the termination voltages to what you saw on their website and quoted in your above post.

jerrymildred likes this.