1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Question about 2010 Mats

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by MattD, Jun 3, 2009.

1. MattD

MattD Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I have a Prius V with Package AT and the factory mats (just picked it up tonight!) -- bisque interior...question, is it normal for the mats in the passenger area to be dark grey and the hatch (trunk) area to be bisque, same as the carpet color?

The dealer claims that's how they arrive from the factory, but I have a hard time believing that.

2. MattD

MattD Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Think I answered my own question. I spotted an owner pic thread and saw someone with the same color combo (blizzard pearl and bisque interior) -- same mats.

3. msirach

msirach Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Look again in the cargo area. The carpet, mat,cargo cover and All the headliner are misty grey. I ave lodged complaints with Toyota customer service,the dealer,and with a Prius marketing person. If I knew this combo would be thrown together, I would have gone with a misty grey interior.

4. LaMesaGuy

LaMesaGuy Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I purchase a 2010 Prius V w/ATP in Classic Silver/Misty Gray leather interior. The front and rear mats are dark grey. The cargo area and the cargo mat is bisque. That is how it came to the dealer from the port. That was in the San Diego CA area. The port of entry was listed as Long Beach CA.

5. Prius Team

Prius Team Toyota Marketing USA

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Time to sort out some confusion.
    • Bisque interior gets BLACK floor mats
    • Dark grey interior gets DARK GREY floor mats (same color)
    • Misty grey interior gets mats that are the same color as the door panel inserts and the center console cover
    ALL cars, regardless of interior cabin color, get a cargo mat that is the same color as the rear cargo area (and headliner). This color is a light grey, but it is NOT Misty Grey. It was chosen as a neutral color that would fit with ALL interior cabin colors.

msirach - sorry you were confused!

Doug Coleman
    Prius Product Manager
    Toyota Motor Sales, USA

12 people like this.
  6. Vincent

Vincent Don't Wait Until Tomorrow

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    There are a lot of 2010 Mist Gray's coming in with black passenger mats and the light color cargo mat. The Prius Team pointed out that was not the plan, but the black mats with the light/dark Misty Gray interior sure looks good to me.

7. Dolce

Dolce Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II

Thank you Doug for the clarification. But I have to say, the black mats in a Prius with Bisque interior looks very out of place. It does not appear neutral at all. If Toyota is going to charge customers $200 for these mats, the least they can do is make the floor mat color match the rest of the car's interior. Especially when they SHOW light color floor mats on their own website when you are building your custom prius and it describes the options for the floor mats as 'color cooridinated'

Attached Files:

8. DeanFL

DeanFL 2010 owner - 1st Prius

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    DOUG! PLEASE NOTE....
    I can't agree more! I am getting bisque leather interior and I will need to decide on port options early next week (ship's coming in the 13th). I think the black mats do not compliment the bisque interior at all and show stuff brought in by shoes so easily. Not to get Erica in trouble, but a few days ago she wrote the following in response to more gripes about this topic:

The bisque interior mats are dark to match the color of the IP and to better serve our customers since lighter colors ware more. We have them on a number of our prototypes with bisque and I think they look great (IMHO as you all like to say).

Not to pick nits - but if the black compliments the bisque so well and the instrument panel - why not the same for the grays? Those mats are lighter - just doesn't make sense to me. And I'm struggling if I should order the mats (if they are black) at all. May seem like a small point, but after spending $28K+ with leather - one should be pleased with color combos - seems as if the majority of posters on this topic dislike the black mats choice.... What to do??? I will probably forego the mats and simply go aftermarket, as much as I don't want to.

9. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I think the black and beige matches well (guess I'm in the rare camp lol).

Heck, my 2005's beige interior is a black/beige combination (upper door panels and dash in black, lower door panel and the rest of the interior in beige)

10. MattD

MattD Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I have to say, they grew on me. At first I thought it was a mistake; but they look good after some time.

11. ggood

ggood Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I'm good with the black mats. High contrast, ties in with the dash and other black elements. You'll notice they also sprinkled some black and silver parts and accents throughout the car. As Erica said, should wear well and hide dirt.

12. dbacksfan

dbacksfan Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    I think the mat color choice for the Misty Gray interior is really nice. However, the cargo mat looks awfully flimsy. Mine is already fraying around the edges. Now that I've seen them, given the choice, I would have deleted them from the order and purchased custom mats from cocomats.com. I would have ended up paying a bit more, but I think they look so much better and I suspect would be much more durable.

13. ggood

ggood Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I agree with you and others noting the somewhat ratty appearance/quality of the mats.

14. a priori

a priori Canonus Curiosus

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I think you should cancel the order for the mats. You are quite concerned, and I think you have already determined you don't like the color combo. This really shouldn't cause much trouble, because if you change your mind you simply can order them through your dealer or PriusChat. Perhaps your dealer will let you take a look at the mats before agreeing to the purchase? You also can price out aftermarkets and choose not only the color, but also the quality, before making your purchase. It may be the safer bet, but it also will be the only one where you get to chose the color combo of your own preference.

My '07 was a bisque interior with color-coded mats, and I liked the look. It is what I expected to receive when the 2010 came in, so I was a bit surprised. I will also say that when I looked at my mats two years after purchase, they were pretty dark in places. Remembering that, I decided to go ahead and use the dark mats. I think I'll like them, in the end, even though some of the lighter-colored clay does show up against the black.

I think I'm more in Matt's position of having the combo grow on me.

I think the mat color selection/match is best for the Misty Grey interior. I haven't really considered the cargo mat. I didn't have one with my '07 and constructed my own from an $8 door mat from a DIY store! At this point, I'm just happy to have something back there!

15. DeanFL

DeanFL 2010 owner - 1st Prius

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V

Thanks, and that's exactly what my plans are. I thought I could purchase through the dealer, if wanted after seeing them in person on other cars. And may go the custom route, although desire the Prius logo. I'd go for the cargo mat, but hearing feedback about quality and cheapness issues, so may forego that for now. Minor matters. But thanks again.

16. a priori

a priori Canonus Curiosus

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I think you'll likely be a lot happier dealing with the "mat issue" after you get used to your new car. Thankfully, we're going into summer and you are not likely to be treading much junk into the car before getting some mats.

As far as the cargo mat is concerned, you could consider the "cheap" alternative I took -- buying an $8 large door mat and cutting it to size. Here is an old thread I started on the subject: An Inexpensive Option for Cargo Area Mat. The 2010 cargo area is larger, so make certain you take measurements first!

17. dbacksfan

dbacksfan Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Yes, it's disappointing, because $200 is a lot to pay for them. However, there is SO much more to love about this car that makes this issue "small potatoes" to me.

1 person likes this.
  18. Dolce

Dolce Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Yes, everybody who has seen the black mats on my bisque interior thought it was a mistake, including my own Toyota dealer. He thought Toyota got sloppy and threw in the wrong color at the port installation. If this is the first impression that a majority of people get, then it is fair to say the color is just a bad match.

19. synapse

synapse Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Does anyone know if the all weather floor mats offered on the PC shop includes the back cargo mat? (PriusChat Shop : 2010 Toyota Prius OEM All Weather Floor Mats [PT908-47100-02] - $89.99)

The all weather mats on Toyota.com are clearly a 5-piece set, but on PC it says "All 4 mats are included (2 front, 2 rear)". The only thing that might lead me to believe it's 5 mats is that the description still mentions "with these all-weather floor and cargo mats". It would also make sense to me if it was the same package as on Toyota.com.

Any clarification would be appreciated!

20. web1b

web1b Active Member

Light or even medium colored carpeted floor mats make no sense.
    The only look good when brand new.
    I'd get the rubber all-weather mats or at least very dark carpeted mats.