1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Question about 2nd gen Prius Headlights

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by RoniusMaximus, Nov 21, 2018.

1. RoniusMaximus

RoniusMaximus Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Hi all, I have a 2005 Prius with the HID headlights. The drivers side head light appears to have been replaced as it looks mew and the passengers side headlight is very foggy. Not only that, the housings appear slight different as the drivers side appears to have a small LED strip below the blinkers.

This bugs me and I would like matching headlights. Evergone knows how expensive the hid replacements are. What I want to know is if the halogen headlights are plug and play? I doubt it but thought id ask. The halogen headlights ive seen for sale all appear to have some kind of molding on the inner side for the hid ballasts. I have an ebay coupom that expires soon and would love to buy headlights.

Please let me know folks asap.

2. gta_

gta_ Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Halogen Headlight are not plug and play. Sounds like someone replaced one side with a 07-09 lens since there are differences in the look between 05-06 & 07-09.

I wish the halogens were an easy replacement as I'd love to get a set of the black housing light that you see on Ebay for my 07 with HID, but the only ones they make are for halogen which are not plug and play.

They do sell just HID lenses on ebay, but at a higher price that the halogens. here is one for an 07

Headlight For 2006-2009 Toyota Prius 4Door Hatchback Left HID Clear Lens | eBay

SFO and RoniusMaximus like this.