1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Question about a Gen II brace....

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by AJP, Dec 12, 2012.

1. JimboPalmer

JimboPalmer Tsar of all the Rushers

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    In theory, if the Pounds per Square Inch is the same in both tires, and the car weighs the same, the foot print of a wider tire will be shorter front to back and have the same area as the narrower tire.

In practice the tire has inherent rigidity and is not 'perfect', but the shape is somewhat shorter.

2. windstrings

windstrings Certified Prius Breeder

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    ive ran the bt plate for 6 years and it works great, very easy install and rock solid.
    I have no way of knowing if other plates work better since I'm not taking this one off to try.

The Prius is shaped like a bullet built to withstand wins head on and cut through head on, but stinks with sideways gusts.

Alan...
    Sent with Tapatalk 2

3. richard schumacher

richard schumacher shortbus driver

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    My experience was, after about six weeks I got used to the twitchy, wandering feeling and it became completely normal. So you might just hold off a bit before spending any money on it.

4. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Part of the learning curve for me was getting used to the steering. There's very little feel, and no 'dead spot' in the middle. When I unlearned old habits, I was happier with the Prius. The handling still needed fixing, but the steering problem was solved.

richard schumacher likes this.