1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Question about all 2010 Prius's

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Technical Discussion' started by darkgiant, Aug 14, 2016.

1. liskipper

liskipper Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I had a lot of trouble with my early production 2010 - all repaired under warranty. After a year things settled down, and it runs like a top. What I learned is never buy the first production year of a new generation.

nicoj36 likes this.
  2. Rebound

Rebound Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Prius is one of the most reliable cars in the world. Possibly THE most reliable car in the world.

That said, 2010 was the first production year of the Gen III. So most glitches discovered would be corrected in the 2011+ model years. And 2010 is the oldest batch of the 2010's, and in that year, gas prices were very high so corporations were buying Prius like crazy and putting into fleets that drove them like crap, because "it's the company's car and not mine."

Despite all that, I think it's still at the top of the reliability rankings across all car models sold.

Raytheeagle likes this.
  3. RyanM

RyanM Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    230,000 miles on my 2010 and it's been great so far. Just take care of it and it will take care of you.

orenji likes this.