1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Question about dealer installed alarm

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by Tonyzenmaster, Nov 29, 2012.

1. Tonyzenmaster

Tonyzenmaster New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    Hi everyone, just bought a new Prius c and I love it. Question is if I can get a refund from the dealer for the factory installed alarm? The finance guy coaxed me into getting it. Didn't realize I got charged 695!

2. sfv41901

sfv41901 Masta S

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Not sure.......only way to find out is to go back & ask.......it all really depends on the dealer. It's a case by case issue.

3. priusbee

priusbee Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    When you signed, it is a legal document that you approved it. I believe you got 3 days to rescind. Any attorney out there want to add your inputs. Thanks!

4. phoenixgreg

phoenixgreg Senior member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    OP, this sounds like another one of those KARR alarm systems many dealers have installed and then pass the cost onto the buyer. The only advantages it has over the OEM version is a glass shatter detector, fuel rail disabler and non-scanable code encryption. But if the version you were sold has the TRACK feature, that might be worth it as you can locate your Prius via GPS with any laptop or PC should it go missing.

5. Tonyzenmaster

Tonyzenmaster New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    unfortunately it's not, its a rockledge security system

6. Mike500

Mike500 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Since there is a thread that Prii are "least stolen cars," I see no advantage to an alarm.

There is ine thread, where a dealer installed alarm actually ruined the reliability of the car and voided the Toyota factory warranty.