1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Question about estimated delivery dates

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by acousticbiker, Jan 13, 2006.

1. acousticbiker

acousticbiker New Member

I'm awaiting my '06 Seaside #8 with Oak from Stevinson West in the Denver area. A couple of weeks ago, I was initially told the Prius would arrive between 1/10-1/17. Last week, that changed to 1/9-1/13. This week, the prediction changed to 1/12-1/16.

What have other people's experience been with projected dates of delivery from the "Dealer Daily"? Do they eventually get a firm date of delivery or does it just show up one day within the range?

2. kdmorse

kdmorse Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I was told that they're not always sure what day of the week the car carrier will arrive. Sure, it seems like it should be a fairly predictable thing - but when you realize the ship isn't guarenteed to hit port on the expected day, everything has to be unloaded and sorted onto carriers (in a variable amount of time), and dispatched arround the region.

So the dealer probably knows pretty solidly that your car will be on the next carrier, due to arrive sometime at the end of this week, but can't pin down delivery date + unloading + dealer prep.

If the date were constantly creeping a week away every week, I'd be concerned. But I suspect you'll be getting a phone call saying it's on the lot in the next few days....

-Ken

3. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

Winters, CA: Prius capital of US. 30 miles W of S
    Yep. What Ken said.

4. cgraham

cgraham Member

My Texas dealer told me they have three status codes" Your dealer/region may work differently, but this gives the sense of the process, and what questions to ask.

M = matching car to your specs found for you (in shipment).

(This seems to confirm they don't really build a car for _you_, as has indeed been maintained here, and contrary to what most salesmen tell you). I closely questioned the rep on the match at each stage.

A: Arrived in Houston: I guess they all go to Houston for the Texas region and are sorted and there. At this stage they can give you your VIN (perhaps in the previous one). They will initially only be able to estimate delivery date, because of sorting out the shipment in Houston and allocating transport, etc. I asked for price confirmation at this stage & a fax - I'll get a purchase order.

At this point the have a computerized countdown, that projects delivery date & may adjust tit according to shipping delays, etc.

W: On the ground at dealership. Come get it! Don't forget the checkbook (gulp). :lol:

C

5. Oregon-Mica

Oregon-Mica New Member

:D When I learned about the Tax Credit I delayed my order date until mid-December. I was then told it would be here within the first few weeks of January.

I called earlier this week and was told it was in Portland and would probably be here next week.

Today I got a call and will PICK IT UP THIS AFTERNOON!!!!!!

Oregon-Mica

6. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

Winters, CA: Prius capital of US. 30 miles W of S
    w00t! This is delerious! Over 50 delivered, I think (got tired of chasing posts), well over 100 ordered.

Whereabouts in So. Oregon, Mica? Grants Pass? Ashland? Klamath?