1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

question about new android head unit, bluetooth and AM radio signal

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by PaoloPrius, Aug 31, 2020.

1. PaoloPrius

PaoloPrius New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Hi all

similar questions have probably been asked before, but I couldn't find anything quite like my issue...

I have recently bought a Kunfine Android 9.0 head unit (
    ). The installation went more or less smoothly, since the harnesses provided allowed me to connect most of the OEM connectors. Only one wasn't, which I don't really know what it is for - I guess for USB and Aux? Not sure.

Anyway, the unit comes on, but here are the things that I have noticed so far:
    1. the FM radio OEM connector had 2 pins, while the adapter provided had only one. Do I need a different adapter? I read in other posts that there's a chance I don't have AM radio and poor FM reception at the moment since I may not be powering the preamp on the OEM antenna. Do I need something like this (

2. If I play music from the FM radio, all is good. The moment I play music from my phone via bluetooth, the speakers start crackling. The music plays, but the crackling is loud enough to be annoying - it sounds like the speakers are damaged, but they are not since the FM radio music sounds just fine.
    3. The unit has something called "Car settings", where you could play with some of the car settings (stuff like "lock doors if the car is moving"), but none of them is working. I can choose to set the car model but the Prius is not available as an option. Could that be the problem?
    I spoke to the seller and so far they are trying to help - I am wondering if you have any suggestions on the matter.

Thanks a lot!

2. PaoloPrius

PaoloPrius New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Does anyone have any suggestion? Thanks :)