1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Question about Prius Orders

Discussion in 'Order Tracking' started by gnagel, Dec 23, 2005.

1. syncmaster

syncmaster Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I ordered a #5 seaside pearl aug 20, 2005 .
    December 23rd I get a call that my car is in ... Oh, but it is a seaside pearl #7

I said no thanks I'll wait. well, It is march 11 and no seaside#5 is in sight.

If you look around this forum you will see the profit margins for different packages.

The difference between a #5 and a #7 is an extra $400.00 profit for the dealer

I believe if toyota happens to send a blue#5 I will get it, But the dealer isn't going to work to hard on getting me a #5 when he can bring in and sell a # 7 or 8 .

2. gnagel

gnagel New Member

The dealer is now telling me that my Prius (package 2) will be ready no later than March 21st.

What are the odds that the Prius will be there by March 21st. I'm guessing about 5% or so?

3. bgdrewsif

bgdrewsif New Member

Phoenix, Arizona (formerly Bowling Green, Ohio)
    Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A

WOW, yeah, I would definitely be getting you deposit back and going elsewhere, and perhaps sending a letter or not so nice phone call to the head of that dealership or toyota....

4. gnagel

gnagel New Member

STATUS UPDATE

As I suspected, I received a call this afternoon from the dealer telling me that my Prius would now be ready for pick-up on April 15th. That's a delay of nearly another month.

The good news is that this is the first time that he actually initiated a call to me. He said that unlike all of the previous dates that he provided me with---this one is definite.

I then asked him to be honest with me. I said "just tell me if the date is really definite or if there is a possibility for further delay." He responded with "why would I be calling you with a date if I wouldn't have the car by then?" He said that he wanted to make sure that I was in the loop now that they had the actual delivery date.

So, what are the odds that the Prius will be here by April 15th? I'm guessing that the odds have improved to about 40%.

5. ckbarnard

ckbarnard New Member

Hey, Gnagel, where are you, and what dealer are you haggling with? Just curious.

Today, March 13, 2006, I took delivery of my first Prius, which was delivered pretty much as originally promised by my dealer--Scott Fuson of Bill Wright Toyota in Bakersfield, CA. I first plunked down a $500 deposit in mid-November, indicated I wanted a package 4, which, he found out during the next 3 or 4 weeks was not being allocated to this region nor in any adjacent region. So he took a factory order for me in early December. He was told by a regional person that the car would likely be built in February and delivered in early March. It was actually at the dealership late on March 10 or ealrly March 11.

I don't understand why no one else seems to do a special order from the factory like I was able to do.

Oh, just for the record: I got exactly the color and options package I wanted. The only variation from what I ordered was that I got the "Preferred Accessory Package" (floor and cargo mats, cargo net and first aid kit) when all I ordered was the floor and cargo mats. No big deal.

6. gnagel

gnagel New Member

I'm dealing with Orland Toyota in Orland Park, Illinois. Orland Park is a southwest suburb of Chicago, Illinois.

I put my $500 deposit down in December. I am being told that I will get the exact Prius that I "ordered". A Silver Pine Mica Package #2. We'll see.

7. Miss_Taz

Miss_Taz New Member

My dealer is also supposed to be doing a "factory order" for my new 2006.

I also bought my 2005 from this same dealership, but in that case, it was one that was already allocated. The only thing I changed on the 05 was that I changed what additional (post Japan) options got installed. (I did away with the stupid ToyoGuard and crap, and added window tint.) The 05 came in just when it was supposed to... I think it was like 3 weeks.

The 06 has to be built in Japan, so I'm guessing I won't see that until May or June, but that's OK.

I'm still getting 48 MPG in the meantime! :-D

8. gnagel

gnagel New Member

UPDATE

Good news!

I just got a call from my dealer. My Prius is ready for pick-up tomorrow morning!

He said he was able to get the color and package number that I ordered.

It took four months since I place the order, but I think it will be worth it to be driving a Prius---especially with gas prices approaching the $3 per gallon level again.