1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Question about Prius two trunk release

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Main Forum' started by Alchemist, Aug 15, 2016.

1. RCO

RCO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    True but I was bringing my perspective in for comparison.

Prodigyplace likes this.
  2. David Beale

David Beale Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Sigh. I guess I wasn't clear enough. You use the "door unlock button" on the -inside- of the drivers door. -After- you use SKS to actually unlock the drivers door and get into the car. ;)

The OP asked if they could open the hatch when sitting in the drivers seat. The answer is no, but you can unlock it and someone at the hatch can open it.

Prodigyplace likes this.
  3. Since2002

Since2002 Senior Lurker

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    By coincidence I rented a Two today so I can answer the question! I arrived at Detroit Airport and my rental car was going to be a Nissan Rogue, I asked if they had any sedans and they said all they had was a Prius. I said that's fine!!!!! My first time driving a Gen 4 and I'm having a lot of fun with it.

To answer the question, unlike my Gen 2 which has 3-door smartkey, the Gen 4 Two only has driver door smartkey. So you cannot unlock the hatch by pressing a button by the license plate like you can with 3-door smartkey. You have to unlock the hatch using one of the various methods mentioned by the other posters here

jerrymildred and Prodigyplace like this.
  4. IAPrius

IAPrius Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    No