1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Question about project lithium batteries

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by ilhouhou, Mar 12, 2023.

1. ilhouhou

ilhouhou Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Hi gang,

I have a 2010 Prius 3 at 115K Miles. The Battery works fine and the Dr. Prius test result is 67%. Maybe it will keep running for another 2 years.

I'm really impressed by the project lithium batteries and planning to get one when the batter is dead. So my question is, if I get this lithium battery pack and decide to sell the car3,4 years later, can I use this batter in other toyota hybrid cars? or it only works on Gen 3 prius?

Thanks

2. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    The rack is setup for the 211 volt based system Gen gen3 maybe some gen4 . It can be looked up . To see all the years

ilhouhou likes this.
  3. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    A Nexcell Lithium pack for Prius will work on all Prius from 2004-2015... Also the pack can be made compatible with other hybrid cars listed on Project Lithium website, with a slightly different special module and in some cases additional regular modules which Nexcell might be willing to sell you separately. So yes, your investment into one of these packs will potentially last longer than your existing hybrid.

4. ilhouhou

ilhouhou Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Thanks, can you be a bit more specific? If the prius engine died after 2,3 years I can simply move thr battery to a rx450h or rav4? Obviously I need the extra blocks but that sounds great.

5. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Looks like the cells would get re-racked in a different case for the specific application that you want to use it in so the Prius battery with the round sales next sale whatever. To go in your RX 450h you'll need the RX 450h case which I'm assuming you'll have because you'll have the vehicle and you'll need more modules to equal the total amount that's in the RX450 case so you'll be buying more modules to go with the ones you have for the total number for the RX450 which is what we're using for the reference here. So then you'd have new cells
    mixed with old cells I guess that's okay or there's a workaround or something?.

ilhouhou likes this.
  6. AzusaPrius

AzusaPrius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    The lithium HV battery is the best in the market and will give your prius new life!!

You check out my profile for the lithium link and other helpful links to pimp out your ride.

I have beed using it for two years now.

ilhouhou likes this.
  7. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    All the modules are the same... But Prius C has 10 blocks/modules (160v), Standard Prius has 14 blocks/modules (240v) and other Toyotas & Lexus has 17 or more modules (340v).

The one difference to complicate it beyond just the number of modules is there is a special module that has terminals on both sides, which is for the orange safety plug that disarms the pack it is removed so you can safely work on the pack and that special module has a slightly different configuration depending on which vehicle it goes in.

ilhouhou likes this.
  8. ilhouhou

ilhouhou Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Good to know, thanks for the explanation.