1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Question about SiriusXM trial

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Joeteck, Sep 14, 2013.

1. Joeteck

Joeteck Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    N/A
    I just bought my Prius, but in 3 months my trial will be "dead". How does one go about getting it re-connected?

Also on a side note, by SAT radio looses connection and all I hear is static for a few seconds.. Can anything be done about that?

2. Paradox

Paradox Prius Enthusiast / Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Call 800-347-0600 and tell them you want the $88 a year deal or else you will not renew. It'll come out to something like $96-98 for the year with taxes, but you can save a lot going that route. After a year though it auto renews at full price so mark your calendar in your phone or something with a reminder in 11 months to call again and get the deal or cancel before it auto renews.

They have or have had a cheaper price for 6 months but then you're stuck calling more often to get the deal before renewing so I just go the one year route, it's up to you.

3. rdgrimes

rdgrimes Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    N/A
    Do nothing, chances are they won't shut it off. I get regular letters asking me to "come back", but they never shut it off.

4. Paradox

Paradox Prius Enthusiast / Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I've had that happen once, but I wouldn't say chances are... Yes, there is a chance it could happen, but I certainly wouldn't bet on it though waiting surely is worth it just to see.

5. Andrax

Andrax Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    If you let it lapse they will offer you a $25 6 month promo, which is about what it's worth in my opinion. I will keep it as long as I can maintain that. You do need to watch that renewal date though as you will be bounced up to $15/mo at the end of the 6 month promo.

6. Drdiesel

Drdiesel Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    I didn't renew mine because I sold the car. They send me offers for half price, so wait them out
    before buying a full price contract. Hammer on them for a better deal. That's my plan :ROFLMAO:

The 88 dollar deal, Paradox was talking about sounds like the way to go. It's close to what they use
    to charge when they first started. I quit a few years ago because they doubled it and didn't wanna
    make anymore deals. I hope they're more willing to deal now. Otherwise, I'll be my own service with
    my USB sticks and iPod's.

7. Joeteck

Joeteck Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks for all the GREAT replies!

8. VicVinegar

VicVinegar Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Concur with the others. I just call and threaten to cancel if I don't get the 50% off deal every year. I do it on both my cars.

I just called to transfer the account from my old portable radio to the Prius and the guy offered to extend me another year at the "promo" rate. Last year the first guy I called said you can't do back to back promos, but they certainly can. I just called and got someone else.

9. mediahound

mediahound Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Why doesn't the trial include Howard Stern? It seems to just skip over that channel (100 I believe).

10. Joeteck

Joeteck Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    N/A
    I know.. sucks. I was all excited to hear him again then to find out it was missing. I miss him on 92.3

11. Matt M.

Matt M. Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    My 2013 Prius Four is 1 1/2 years old and they've never shut off the XM radio service in my car either!

12. blaumann

blaumann Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona

Mine came with a brochure and a number to call 1.855.MY.REFRESH Make sure you have your Radio ID. About five minutes later I had Stern.

13. blaumann

blaumann Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    FYI--I called today and asked for the BEST offer they had for one year, as I was thinking about canceling at the end of the trial--$86 + taxes. $96.71 was the final. Watch the "auto renew" as has been mentioned previously in this thread.

14. leegart

leegart Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I just called that 800 number to consider a subscription and they offered me a year of the premier service for $118 so I took that. We'll see how much I like/use it after that year. The package includes NFL football which was an important factor for me. Worth the chance for slightly less than $10/mo.

15. VicVinegar

VicVinegar Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Apparently it comes with the "all access" package, but you do have to refresh it. When I called to transfer my other account the guy mentioned that I should have had all the channels and I said it was news to me. He said dealers don't tell anyone and don't activate it the right way.

16. El Dobro

El Dobro A Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    Don't give them a credit card number, tell them to invoice you.

17. bchbumm

bchbumm Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I just purchased a 2012 Prius. The Sirus or Xm radio portion was passed the initial 3 months and is not currently working. I plan on giving them a call to set this up and will use the great advise I found here. One question, where do I find the radio ID to give to them?
    Thanks in advance.

18. blaumann

blaumann Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    Mine was displayed when I dialed in Channel 0.

Nexus 7 ? 4

VicVinegar and bchbumm like this.
  19. lumpy95

lumpy95 Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    My trial ends on 11/23/13 and I have been bombarded with offers from them. The latest is $29.94/6 mos. ($36.30 w/ tax & royalty's fee) or $95/1 yr. ($106.88 w/ tax & royalty's fee).
    I only listen to 6 or 7 music stations but they are ones that are hard to find on FM so I guess I will go with the 1 yr. and mark my calendar.

20. jdk2

jdk2 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    They have a $77/year + taxes/royalties option as well. You have to be polite but firm and they'll cave in. If n ot, call right back and talk to another rep.