1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Question about Techstream

Discussion in 'Knowledge Base Articles Discussion' started by TMR-JWAP, Jan 28, 2019.

1. TMR-JWAP

TMR-JWAP Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    So....I had some time on my hands before going to dinner tonight and as any serious DIYer would be doing, I was reading through my Techstream documents. I have version 10.30.029, which arrived on a small 225Mb cd. One of the Adobe files included is instructions for programming smart keys, including how to recover from a loss of all keys. Goes through doing a complete wipe of the key info and registering replacement keys. The instructions include a 92? digit seed code. Says it will work with new or used FOBs.

Certainly someone else out there has seen this Adobe File also. Would love to hear about it, good or bad.

Anyone ever try this? I'm thinking I may have another project/experiment to do when I get back in town. I have a spare 2007 prius that just needs fuses reinstalled and a 12v battery. Couldn't care less if I mess up the key programming.

2. Knightrider

Knightrider Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I am curious myself-