1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Question about TIS 3rd Gen information available online

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by Hammond_Egger, Apr 16, 2019.

1. Hammond_Egger

Hammond_Egger Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    For all of you 3rd Gen owners....I would like to get a 2 day subscription to TIS, but have the following questions:

1. Can I get access to 2011, 2012 and 2014 information? Specifically, do they have the data on the wiring diagram differences?

2. If question #1 is yes, do they have it by year, or all changes in the same section but just noted by year?

3. From what I understand, I can download the various pdfs and save them, is this true?
    I have no issue paying for this information, as long as it is what I need.

Thanks in advance!

2. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV

You'll be able to find the wiring diagrams for any year that interests you. I have never found anything that highlights the changes for you from one year to the next; you'd just have to look at both years and compare.

The repair manuals and wiring diagrams are not in PDF form on the service. They are normal webby stuff, html and png illustrations. The wiring diagram viewer is JavaScript-heavy, lets you do things like highlight individual circuits and follow them around, identify components, pull up part numbers and pinouts, etc.

In your web browser, you can do print-to-file and produce PDFs of any of that stuff. Of course the resulting PDFs will be a little lifeless compared to the interactive originals.

A lot of the other materials on TIS (service bulletins, recalls, technical guides, etc.) are natively in PDF and you do just download those.

Robert Holt likes this.
  3. jzchen

jzchen Newbie!

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Robert Holt likes this.
  4. danlatu

danlatu Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius