1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Question about used 2012 prius v price

Discussion in 'Prius v Main Forum' started by kashing, Jan 6, 2023.

Tags:
  1. kashing

kashing New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    N/A
    2012 Toyota Prius V with 230,000km, This car was inspected in September, has had all new brakes in the past 2 years (rear pads and rotors in September), new passenger side front brake caliper last year, both front lower control arms in September, new front sway bar links and bushings last year, brand new all-season tires on it in September. It comes with a set of steel wheels with winter tires (good for one more winter) and a fresh oil change about 2 weeks ago. Asking for 16k CAD, is it a good deal?
    I am picking the first car of my life.

Thank you, guys.

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    unfortunately, it may be a ticking time bomb. the cheap stuff has been done, but the hybrid battery, brake booster, inverter and head gasket await the new owner

3. rjparker

rjparker Tu Humilde Sirviente

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    $12k US is too much. The brake booster will be $2,500, the high voltage battery will be at least $2,000, the head gasket will be $2k-$5k depending on how quick you recognize it, usually your local mechanic will not work on it, its suspicious why the front end parts have gone out, its really not a good first car.

Do yourself a favor and buy a non hybrid Civic, Corolla or Camry in your price range. If you were buying a new hybrid, I would say go for it. They fixed each problem in the next generation starting in 2016.

Oh did I forget about the excessive oil burning and clogged up egrs? Yes they are problems as well.