1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Question for people who have had their doors apart

Discussion in 'Prius c Audio and Electronics' started by dellrio, Jun 7, 2012.

1. dellrio

dellrio Im pretty much awesome

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    So I am planning on adding a small subwoofer to add some Bass to the system nothing serious - I already killed my ears when I was a kid with 2000 watts in an S10. I used to do car audio competitions and had thousands of dollars invested in my systems now in my older age ( 29 - lol ) I have no desire to do these things. I would like to keep the factory head unit, and am actually very pleased with the Factory speakers minus the lack of some clean low frequencies. I plan on doing a small sub and will install bass blockers on the door speakers, but one question is do the factory tweeters already have a frequency filter installed? I would assume they should since lower frequencies can damage the tweets, but I want to know before I order the parts. Also for those of you using the factory head unit and adding an amp - did you find a convenient wire to tap into for the remote turn on? Thanks in advance for any help you can provide - as always i will post crappy pics of my install once its complete.

2. Tycho_Brahe

Tycho_Brahe New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I kept the factory tweeter when I switched mine out so I just took a look... On the back of the tweeter assembly there is an electrolytic capacitor. Some of the markings are obscured, but it looks like 2.5 micro farads. Anyway, I think that functions as the high pass filter

3. dellrio

dellrio Im pretty much awesome

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Perfect Thanks! Thats exactly the information I was looking for.