1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Question for Prius II Owners on your Sound System?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by stedye, Jul 16, 2009.

1. PriusLewis

PriusLewis Management Scientist

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Here's a link to a "how to" for replacing the speakers in the back doors of a Gen II (fronts are similar, and I assume the Gen III would also be similar):

http://members.cox.net/scott.sumners/Prius Speaker Replacement by ~sparky~.pdf

I had my door speakers replaced by a local car stereo shop . They had a sale on the Infinity speakers for buy one pair get the second for half off. They charged, if I remember, $75 to install them. I later had another shop do the subwoofer and 5 channel amp. They rolled the price of the install into a package deal, but I doubt it was $50 of the total, interestingly.

Just replacing the speakers in the Gen II helps, but adding an amp to the new speakers seemed to add more than just the speakers alone did. The subwoofer was the icing on the cake. I'm pleased with this set-up in my car.

1 person likes this.
  2. gobears

gobears New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I don't think he's asking the difference in audio quality between the GEN II and GEN III, I think he's asking the difference in audio quality between the Gen III Model II and Gen III Model III. The only difference between the two is the upgraded stereo and bluetooth integration. I for one am waiting for my Gen III Model II and will be installing an after market sound system. You can get a lot for $1000 in the aftermarket.

3. zenMachine

zenMachine Just another Onionhead

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Would be less confusing if we used a consistent nomenclature: G2, G3 etc.
    And use Roman numerals for G3 models, e.g. G3-II, G3-III, etc.

4. radioprius1

radioprius1 Climate Conspirisist

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    ^^ good call, I like that system, I have a G3-II !!!