1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Question : full height from ground-to-open-hatch-tip ?

Discussion in 'Prime Main Forum (2017-2022)' started by alpilotx, Dec 26, 2016.

1. xliderider

xliderider Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    In this picture (posted in another thread), you can see two plugs further up from the strut mounting point, towards the spoiler. You would take one of the plugs out and thread in the strut mount.

1483636091230.jpg

KrPtNk likes this.
  2. alpilotx

alpilotx New Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    II
    Indeed, on some pictures here it indeed looks as if there is such an attachment point. It would be really cool, if it would be that simple to solve the "height" issue. is there some confirmation / documentation available on this?

3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    that's so weird that you guys posted within a minute of each other, when the last post was thursday.:cool:

4. alpilotx

alpilotx New Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    II
    I would to "bump" this thread to ask, if any of the existing Prime owners has tested or switched to the alternative attachment point of the trunk? I would be really curious if :
    • it really works as suspected?
    • and how much it lowers the max. trunk opening height?

5. mdhare

mdhare Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    While admittedly this is not an answer to OP, having never owned a hatchback, I was a bit shocked when I opened the hatch and was within 6 inches of the door. It wasn't something I had planned/considered. I was nervous about the door support nailing the hatch if the hatch was up and I accidentally closed the door. The easy solution for me was to back in instead. It will be easier to tow when the 12V dies :) I also put a tennis ball over the support bar end.