1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

question on codes.

Discussion in 'Prius v Technical Discussion' started by C acampora, Jul 30, 2020.

1. C acampora

C acampora New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Hi all. My question is, will the codes tell if the hybrid system stalled and shut down? Yesterday my 2012 Prius V wagon had the check engine light come on, then the hybrid system light then a bunch of others come on and it shut down. I had 3/4 tank of gas in it and battery indicator dropped to 1 bar. When I run the codes it reads system too lean bank, Evaporative Emission System incorrect purge flow, P0455
    Then Manufacturer control p3190. When I checked the 12v battery (thanks to a post from one of you!) it read 12.2. I turned the car on and it dropped to 11 but back up to 12.0. The car will light up etfc but engine won't run. Do you think this could be related to the recall from 2018? I checked my VIN and apparently I didnt get that fixed. Thanks for any input

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    welcome!

the codes (as read by tech stream) and the service manual, will lead you in the right direction.

why don't you get the recall done first?

your 12v is a little low.

3. rjparker

rjparker Tu Humilde Sirviente

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
  4. Tim Jones

Tim Jones Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    ----USA----
    You need the inverter update. That won't fix it but comes in handy when the inverter blows....
    There are actually 2 firmware updates..... but still expect it to go out.