1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Question on trim level

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by illbegotten, Feb 25, 2022.

1. illbegotten

illbegotten New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    I just bought a 2012 Prius C One, at least I think maybe? From everything I have read between this page and a few others while I was doing research it doesn't seem like I actually have a One, but maybe I have a Two. Things I've read about the One - It has a solid rear seat, no cruise control, only speakers in the front doors. My car has the split 60/40 rear seat, it has cruise control, and has speakers in both the front and rear doors. Do I have a Two and not a One?

2. kingnba6

kingnba6 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    Def. sounds like you have a 2 or 3. What type of key do you have? the smart key or the regular style key?

3. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    At least a Two. A One has a full fold flat seat as you’ve pointed out. The rest of the lineup as the 60/40 split fold.

@kingnba6 ’s question will sus out if you have a Two or Three.

4. dig4dirt

dig4dirt MoonGlow

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    It is possible a previous owner switched out the seat and added cruise control.
    Switching out the rear door panels to get speakers in there is possible but sounds like overkill.

More than likely you have a Two

Welcome to Toyota Owners

Can sign up and enter vin etc and get correct trim, specs and repair history

5. illbegotten

illbegotten New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    I have a regular key. I also have the regular stereo deck, that will have to go I can stand it. The Three has the touch screen stereo doesn't it?
    So, I probably have a Two then.
    Thanks

6. illbegotten

illbegotten New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    One

I tried doing one VIN lookup, but it didn't give me much info, I will try the Toyota Owners page though.

Also I don't think anything was swapped out, from what I understand it was an eldery person that owned this car. They barely drove it at all, and it is basically brand new. I got to go in back and talk to the mechanic and everything at the dealer about what he was doing to it. He put new tires on, because the old ones were still the original tires. The originals still had almost full tread, but he changed them because they were 10 years old.

Yes, that worked. I do in fact have a Two.
    Thanks for the help.

#6 illbegotten, Feb 27, 2022
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2022
    dig4dirt likes this.