1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Question regarding Euro mudflaps compatibility with lowering springs.

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by HunterST, Apr 10, 2015.

1. HunterST

HunterST New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Hi everyone: newbie/first time poster here with a question for the forum I hope I don't get flamed for ....

First off -- this is an awesome forum. I did a majority of my pre-purchase research on the Prius via this forum & it's a been a wonderful source of info on almost every issue one may have when considering the Prius for purchase and owner satisfaction.

Ok, so I recently purchased a 2011 Prius 2 (love this car). I purchased from Prius Chat the Euro mud-flaps & they look great after install. But, I now realize after driving the car for less than a month - and reading all the positive feedback folks are posting with regard to their experiences with the various lowering springs on the market, that I would like to install a set of springs as well as a sway bar. My question for the forum is .. will I need to in all likelihood have to remove the Euro mudflaps if I want to install aftermarket springs or even the TRD ones? I notice even now (unlowered) the mudflaps scrape a little when pulling into my driveway unless I go really slow and and at an angle. These Euro type flaps seem to hang a lot lower than the US spec ones, so I'm just imaging how problematic it will be with the Euro ones if my Prius is lowered another inch or so.

I've search all over and was unable to find anything on point with this issue, so any feedback you guys can provide would be greatly appreciated. My guess is that I won't my able to have it both ways -- the cool Euros with let's say the TRD springs.

2. HunterST

HunterST New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Wow, tough crowd ... thanks for the awesome feedback guys ... (y)

3. StarCaller

StarCaller Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    that's gotta be your rule #1/
    speed bumps in parking lots mean pretty much the same: slow slow slow

other than that I don't have ne problems with them & eibach lowering springs/