1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Questions about Built-In Factory Sirius for 07 Prius with Nav, Need Help

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by dfine1966, Jan 28, 2008.

1. dfine1966

dfine1966 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius
    Model:
    Limited
    I got my Sirius factory unit installed into my 07 Prius, Pkg. 5 with NAV in August 07. It was dealer installed, not at the port. It only has 10 characters. There is no way to access the menu button when going to channel 255. I want to be able to get to the settings area. I followed the the directions to activate, go to SAT 3, turn on channel 255, press Type Scan 8 times to hear long beep. Cycle back to Sat 3. Nothing happens. My wife has a 2007 Sienna Limited with the Sirius Factory unit installed and she has it activated. I know her unit is using the Vais Tech unit. I am wondering if she got one kit and I got a different one. She got hers back in April 07. For some reason she is now getting 16 characters and I get 10 characters for readout. Of course I got all the documents that came with her car since it was a delivery of the new car. I did ask for my documents when I purchased my car with Sirius built in, but for some reason, the installer for the dealer through it out be mistake. So now I don't know what unit is installed in my 07 Prius. I think mine might be Toyota's actual factory Sirius unit. If that is the case there may be no way to upgrade firmware or change volume settings or aux. Does anyone know how to check the unit, or through the touch screen activate the buttons. The dealer installed the unit, so I would not know where to look for the unit in the car. It is probably behind the dashboard, which I wouldn't know how to get out. I am not that handy.

Any help would be appreciated.

2. kubu420

kubu420 New Member

I'm confused by your post. What do you want to know or need help with? Do you want to know the Toyota part# for the Sirius unit installed in your vehicle? Are you just activating a Sirius subscription and need to know the Sirius ID# of your unit for activation? Are you asking why your wife's displays 16 characters and your only 10?

Anyway, clarification will make it easier to help address whatever problem(s) you're having.

3. dfine1966

dfine1966 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius
    Model:
    Limited
    It has already been activated.

Yes, one of the questions is why my wife's get 16 characters and I only get 10. I do want to know why.

I want to also know the part #.

I do know the Sirius ID, I found it on channel 255.

I also wanted to know if I can access the menu through channel 255 like my wife's, or is my unit a different unit that doesn't have those features.

Can you tell by the Sirius Id what make or model it is?

4. kubu420

kubu420 New Member

Your installation is the Toyota factory unit which is limited to 10 characters. This is a common gripe in threads on this forum dealing with factory Sirius installs. Her's is an aftermarket unit that is capable of displaying 16 characters.

Perusing the forums here, I would guess the part number for your factory-installed Sirius unit is: PTS31-53060

Unfortunately, I can't provide any info on this. Anyone else with a factory unit want to chime in on this one?

I can't help on this one either. Sorry.

5. dfine1966

dfine1966 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius
    Model:
    Limited
    Thanks.

I just means my wife's Sirius can be upgraded with firmware and my Prius Sirius, because it is factory, seems to be worse and cannot be upgraded.

I wanted to be able to update channels, get more characters, etc. Unless Toyota releases a way to upgrade the system, I am stuck with what I got. It works, so I guess I should be happy.