1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Questions about Softex seats, Perf'd Leather and Clazzios

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by cycledrum, Jun 6, 2013.

1. cycledrum

cycledrum PSOCSOASP

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Ah nevermind. Don't really have a question now cause not ready to spend for high end seat covers or Katskinz, etc...

I tried a $70 leather one size fits all by Interiors By Masque in Black and just switched to light gray. Will post mini review in Mods section.

2. WE0H

WE0H Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I like my Softex seats.

Mike :)

cycledrum likes this.
  3. Jonny Zero

Jonny Zero Giggidy

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    SoftTex is cooler than leather. And I live in Texas. :)

cycledrum and WE0H like this.
  4. ny_rob

ny_rob Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I had Softex in my 2012 Five before I traded it in for the PIP (with fabric seats :(), in the six months I used the car- the Softex was easy to clean, very comfortable and still looked like brand new when I turned the car in. I can't imagine any aftermarket seat covering performing better than the Softex did.

cycledrum and WE0H like this.
  5. p00kienrayray

p00kienrayray Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Whenever youre ready, do like Hawaiianbuilt did and get some clazzios. You can choose leather or PVC, and also buy material from them by the yard to wrap door panels and center console. Cheaper than katskinz and you don't have to remove current seat covers or deal with hog clips!

WE0H likes this.
  6. Mike Rosenzweig

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    My previous car had real leather seats, and honestly, I feel the softex is better. It's so much more comfortable and easy to maintain. My only concern is that softex in general is fairly new, so there is no data on how the seats will perform 6-10 years down the road.

7. frodoz737

frodoz737 Top Wrench

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    As a Mechanic with family, I had the cloth seat covers changed out with solid leather before taking possession of my new car. Was a wise move. During my last visit to the Dealership, I checked out the Softex in the new Prius and determined it would not hold up to my demands. YMMV if use is less demanding, but I choose solid leather hands down.