1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Questions abut the Android interface

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by MichelleStone, Aug 31, 2016.

1. MichelleStone

MichelleStone Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I use Apple stuff exclusively. I like them. However, I'd like to purchase a device just to use in the car.

- I tested an Android phone with a bluetooth connection but I could not see the playlists. Can the bluetooth connection use playlists and other sorting options as when my iPod is connected through the USB port?

- If I purchase an Android tablet and plug it in the USB port, will I be able to use the "iPod" interface? That is to say, can I use playlists and other sorting options (genre, composer, album, artist, etc.) as I can with my iPod?

2. hohos

hohos Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I know this is a late reply, but here's my experience with android and the USB port.

I have a Motorola G4 android smartphone and the USB port from my 2016 Prius 3 won't recognize it. When I plug it in, my phone gives me charging options (Charging, file transfers, photo transfers, midi), but all options don't work with the Prius. I usually have to select the "File transfers" option to allow my computer to access my phone.

Good luck.

RCO likes this.